Graduate Certificate in Cross Cultural Supervision (Level 7)
Are you a registered social worker ready to make the next move in your career?
Get the skills you need to make the move into a supervisory or leadership role.
This course is right for you if you're looking to advance your career in a range of workplaces including:
- Private supervision practice
- Social work
- Community-based work
- Education and health.
Otara is the main campus for Manukau Institute of Technology. It is set in 12 tree-lined hectares, with large green open spaces and substantial gardens. You'll find us in the heart of South Auckland, with generous parking facilities and close by major public transport links.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Develop career options as a qualified supervisor or leader.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Have a qualification of an appropriate NQF Level 6 or 7 in a human services and/ or other people related profession; or
- Evidence that the applicant is capable of study at Level 7 (applicants may be asked to complete a written piece of work to demonstrate academic ability);
- Evidence of at least two years employment post graduation in human services and/or other people related profession and must currently be or be willing to be in a supervisory or supervisee relationship;
- Have English language competence to undertake this programme which is taught and assessed in English with an option to be assessed in Te Reo M?ori. Any applicant whose first language is not English may be required to provide evidence on an overall IELTS (Academic) band score of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in writing or equivalent;
- Supply two attestations from an employer or an agency verifying they are able to work safely and ethically;
- Complete and sign a personal safety disclosure form;
- Each applicant will be required to declare all criminal convictions and pending convictions, and submit a New Zealand Police Consent to Disclosure of Information form with their application. This will be sent to the Police Licensing and Vetting Service if the applicant is accepted into the programme and is returned in confidence to the Dean of Faculty. Information on the New Zealand Vetting Service is available from www.police.govt. nz/service/vetting/guidelines.html. A criminal record will not automatically exclude an applicant from entry to the programme. Persons with convictions for violence against a person will not be considered.
Applicants will be selected in order of completed application.
Students who have attained the age of 20 years and do not hold the minimum entry requirements for a programme will be eligible to be enrolled as a student where their previous educational, work or life experience indicates they have a reasonable likelihood of success. Students who have not attained the age of 20 years and do not hold the required minimum entry requirements for a programme may also be eligible to enrol in exceptional circumstances. Such decisions will be made by the Director/Head of School.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: MN4546
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A