Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Laws - MGSC01
Looking for a challenging career in the legal or financial sector? Then the Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws double degree is the perfect way to give you the knowledge and skills to enter the public sector as a manager or confidently take on the world of international business.
In this course you will study a wide range of commerce related subjects such as economics, accounting and information systems – as well as multiple legal electives including corporations law, contract law, property and criminal law.
No matter what study pathway you choose, this course will help you develop your advanced legal research and writing skills, which will open a wealth of career opportunities in the public or private sector, both locally and overseas.
Successful completion of this double degree will also enable you to be eligible for a host of professional accreditations including CPA Australia, CAANZ and the Financial Services Institute of Australia. The course is also recognised by the Supreme Courts of the ACT and NSW.
Combine a Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws at UC and you will:
- obtain a broad and in-depth understanding of the theoretical and practical knowledge of both commerce and law
- fine-tune your ability to present ideas and opinions effectively and communicate within and across professional and cultural boundaries
- acquire the ability to problem solve, analyse and evaluate information in a systematic, creative and insightful way
- use professional knowledge and skills ethically and responsibly for the benefit of others and the environment
- learn advanced legal research and writing skills and how to implement them
- be eligible for an extensive and globally recognised range of professional accreditation.
The University of Canberra is located in the suburb of Bruce in the Australian Capital Territory. Surrounded by Lake Ginnindera, the new suburb of Lawson, Radford college and residential housing, regular public buses can drop you right on campus. Open space, natural calm, tall trees and wildlife. Close to the city. Convenient to shopping. Great food, cool cafes, events and markets; a buzzing social hub with something for everyone. Student accommodation, an on-campus medical and counselling centre, the Australian Institute of Sport, Calvary Public Hospital, Belconnen Shopping Mall and a variety of restaurants are all within walking distance.
Application Processing Time in Days: 14
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
A UC Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws double degree is an internationally recognised qualification and opens a wide range of career opportunities in a range of sectors including in:
- banking and financial services
- business administration
- human resource management
- private practitioner
Regular 2 years post study work visa for international students completing Bachelors and Masters degrees (minimum 92 weeks), 3 years for Masters by Research and 4 years for PhD. graduates
Cities and major regional centres
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast Canberra Newcastle/Lake Macquarie
- Wollongong/Illawarra Geelong
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an
additional year in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 3 years of PSW visa)
Regional centres and other regional areas
All other locations
(list of cities)
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional
2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to this course is based on an entrance rank. A rank can be achieved by the following means:
- Year 12 ATAR
- other Australian Qualification
- work experience
- overseas qualification
We also offer a number of entry initiatives that give you the opportunity to gain entry to the University via alternate pathway programs and admissions schemes.
For More Information Please Connect to Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 098996G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Forensic Studies/ Bachelor of Laws - NPSC02 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Justice Studies - SCB001 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Justice Studies/Bachelor of Forensic Studies - SCNP01 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Primary Education - 321JA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Primary Education (Creative Arts) - 323JA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Primary Education (STeM) - 322JA at University of Canberra