Bachelor of High Performance Sport
The high performance sport industry is a global, multi-billion dollar entity that provides employment opportunities for a range of professions, including sport scientists, coaches and managers. In Australia, there are employment opportunities in professional and semi-professional sporting teams, Australian and state institutes of sport, academies of sport, and other sporting organisations. These opportunities extend to the international market. At the heart of this industry is the conditioning of the athlete, with the aim of optimising individual and team performance for successful outcomes. A professional working in this industry needs to know about testing protocols to assess athlete performance, principles of strength and conditioning, the technologies available for monitoring and training athletes, and the relationships between nutrition, injury and performance. The application of this knowledge and understanding to the planning and delivery of meaningful interventions for athletes to enhance performance and reduce the likelihood of injury and illness is essential for a professional working in the high performance sport environment.
The Bachelor of High Performance Sport degree provides an extensive knowledge and skills base relevant to human performance, from the physiological, psychological, biomechanical, nutritional and skill-based perspectives. This provides not only the skills for professional practice in sports performance and analysis, exercise programming, and the strength and conditioning of athletes, but also the skills for applying exercise prescription principles across the lifespan for healthy lifestyles and in injury and disease. The course aims to produce graduates with strong understanding and skills for the assessment, design and delivery of meaningful programs that enhance athletic performance and reduce the likelihood of injury and illness, using appropriate techniques to analyse and interpret competition and training information, required in high performance sport and related industries. Graduates should also have the capacity to apply their knowledge and skills in an ethical, fair and respectful manner, with problem solving and self-management skills that promote independent learning and thinking, and the pursuit of further learning to maintain relevance in their chosen career and industry.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
25A Barker Road, Strathfield NSW 2135 Locked Bag 2002, Strathfield NSW 2135
Brisbane Campus (McAuley) 1100 Nudgee Road Banyo, Qld 4014
25A Barker Rd, Strathfield NSW 2135, Australia
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Examples of the work and settings the course prepares graduates for:
- Government and non-government health, sport and recreation departments
- High performance sport organisations
- Sports institutes and academies
- Corporate fitness
- Strength and conditioning coach
- Sports scientist
- Exercise scientist
- Performance analyst
- Data analyst
- Rehabilitation coach
- Fitness advisor
- Sports coach
- Sports science manager
- Health and fitness consultant
- Physical activity officer
- 2 years PSW for Melbourne, and Brisbane
- 3 years PSW for Blacktown & Strathfield
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
CBSE All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Indian School Certificate (ISC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects; Senior Secondary School Certificate from National Open Schooling with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Higher Secondary Certificate from the State Boards listed below with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
• Andhra Pradesh
• Gujarat, Karnataka
• Tamil Nadu
• West Bengal
Local languages and non-academic subjects are excluded.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS minimum overall score of 6.5 (with a minimum score of 6.0 in all bands).
Applicants must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy.
- Course Code: 096799F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Exercise Science / Bachelor of Applied Public Health at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Psychological Science / Bachelor of Arts at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Philosophy / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Nursing (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science / Bachelor of Nutrition Science at Australian Catholic University (ACU)