Graduate Certificate in Cyber Security
Become a leader in cyber security, equipped with new and exciting ways to meet the security challenges of the future.
This six month program aims to create specialists with a deep understanding of cyber security’s impact on every aspect of modern life, and to empower cyber security leaders for a resilient, more productive digital future.
You'll undertake four advanced level courses covering a range of key topics. You'll learn about the major cyber security challenges facing the world and a range of responses, including technical, policy, organisational, governance and geopolitical.
You'll gain integrated learning experience and advance your professional network by working with a cohort with diverse backgrounds from technology, business, mathematics and humanities, unique to UQ.
As a result, you'll be equipped to look at the field from a different angle, ask bigger questions, and find new and exciting ways to tackle real and emerging cyber security threats.
An inter-disciplinary approach
It’s estimated that Australia will need an additional 18,000 cyber security professionals by 2026, so in partnership with industry experts, UQ has developed the first program to genuinely address the interdisciplinary nature of this field, while meeting the need for deep technical specialisation in core areas.
- Study specialised topics such as cryptography, cyber criminology, cyber defence and leadership.
- Gain integrated learning experience and advance your professional network.
- Undertake an industry or research-based project to improve your workforce readiness.
- Acquire a global perspective on cyber security and information security fundamentals.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Cyber risk and governance consultant
- Penetration tester
- Cyber security analyst
- IT security specialist
- Cyber security designer
- Risk and compliance analyst
- Cloud infrastructure engineer
- Incident response manager
- Cyber security policy officer
- Domain security architect
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
an approved Bachelor Degree in any discipline with a GPA of at least 4.0 on a 7 point scale; or
an approved Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma in any discipline with a GPA of at least 4.0 on a 7 point scale; or
Post-secondary study and 3 years relevant work experience. Applications on the basis of post-secondary study and work experience will be individually assessed.
- Course Code: 0100690
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Diploma in Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Energy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Science at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Science at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Pharmaceutical Industry Practice at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Molecular Biology at The University of Queensland