B.Sc. (Ther. Rad.) Honors Radiation Therapy
What is Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy uses targeted high energy x-rays to treat patients with cancer and is one of the main treatments for cancer. This course qualifies you to work as a radiation therapist – the health care professional who, together with the other multidisciplinary team members, is responsible for the preparation and delivery of a course of radiation therapy. This degree provides you with the required scientific understanding and the critical clinical and research skills to adapt to the ever-changing medical environment.
Radiation Therapy: The course for you?
The radiation therapist requires very specialist skills and the role can be physically and emotionally demanding. The development of your clinical skills requires you to be interested in patient care. You will also need to have a keen interest in the field of science. Working as a radiation therapist will also require you to have good interpersonal and technical skills.
Radiation Therapy at Trinity
Radiation Therapy is an innovative profession, with constant technological and patient care advancements. This programme will provide you with the necessary academic and practical skills to work in this patient-centred healthcare environment. The programme is delivered by experienced and enthusiastic academic staff, whose focus is on providing you with a research-led, student-centred, quality learning experience. The small class sizes in this programme facilitate a close working relationship between students and staff.
Application Processing Time in Days: 60
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
If you are an international student studying at Trinity, you might be considering internship and graduate work in Ireland, in your home country, or elsewhere. This section provides information for Non EU students on working in Ireland during and after your studies. For information and resources to support an international job search, see our Devex resource which includes international job search advice and information.
Employers value candidates who have more to offer than a good degree with high grades. They look for students who are well rounded and who have experience outside the classroom. Search for and take advantage of opportunities to gain experience, develop your skill set, and gain a clearer picture of what you like and don't like in terms of career options.
For example, you can get involved in some of the many student clubs and societies in college, volunteer or get a part time job. Remember that voluntary work is as valuable as paid work on your CV or resume - it's a great way to demonstrate your skills to future employers. Have a look at the TCD Civic Engagement website and check out volunteering opportunities in Ireland and abroad.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- General Entry Requirements
- Class XII – ISC, CBSE
- 80-90% in six subjects at XII depending on course (or 5 at Grade XII and 1 at Grade X) Mathematics up to Grade X
- 3 subjects at Grade 5 (Higher Level)
- 3 subjects at Grade 4 (Standard Level),
- including English & Maths
- 32 to 40 points, depending on course
- 4 A2 or best 3 A2 plus one AS
- Pass in English & Maths
- *75% or above / HL Mathematics required
- at Class XII level for Computer Science,Engineering, Science and Mathematics courses
*Additional requirements may apply for some courses
- English Language Proficienc Test
- IELTS - 6.5 (No individual band below 6)
- TOEFL - 90 (Written score 21)
- PTE Score -63 (No section below 59)
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 EUR
Application Fee: 55 EUR
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Honours Science at Trinity College Dublin
- Environmental Science and Engineering at Trinity College Dublin
- Chemistry with Biosciences: Chemical Sciences at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. Honours (Moderatorship) Chemistry with Molecular Modelling: Chemical Sciences at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Honors Computer Science at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Honors Computer Science Linguistics and a Language at Trinity College Dublin