Master of Education (Research)
Today's educators are expected to be lifelong learners, able to adapt to global changes in education where routines and boundaries are often challenged.
You will explore the relationship between research and practice, encouraging you to analyze issues of interest to you. If you have an interest in research, but have not completed a major research project and would like to eventually progress to doctoral studies in education - this course is suited to you.
You will complete two coursework units, including a compulsory core research methods unit, and a thesis of up to 20-25,000 words. We provide a wide range of specializations to suit your career aspirations.
There are many research areas offered in this program including; early childhood, primary and secondary education, gifted and special education, information and communication technology in education, international education, leadership and policy development, literacy studies, mathematics and science education, music education, school, and organizational leadership, work and learning studies, educational and developmental psychology, counseling, mentoring and coaching, professional development studies, teaching English as a foreign or second language and sport and outdoor recreation.
Clayton campus has around 26,000 students and is the largest of all eight campuses. It is located 20km south-east of Melbourne.
Peninsula campus is Monash University's third largest campus. It is about 40km south of Melbourne and has around 3500 students.
Application Processing Time in Days: 15
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Monash Arts Jobs and Careers
Monash Arts prepares our students for their professional futures and the impact they create in their organisations and communities.
There are over 81,240 Monash Arts alumni across 130 countries. Our global community includes The Hon. Daniel Andrews MP, The Hon. Dan Tehan MP, Adam Bandt MP, Bill Shorten MP, Sarah Abo, Yalda Hakim, Vance Joy, Professor Sharman Stone, Professor Emeritus Ariel Heryanto, H.E. Mr Arthur Spyrou, H.E. Mr Saleumxay Kommasith and thousands of influential graduates impacting communities, nations and the world for good.
We work as ...
Monash Arts graduates work as: Authors, Ambassadors, Analysts, Artists, Consultants, Creative Directors, Communication Specialists, Criminologists, Digital Consultants, Diplomats, Educators, Entrepreneurs, Executives, IT Specialists, Journalists, Media Presenters, Musicians, Linguists, Lawyers, Marketers, Media and Communication Specialists, Politicians, Policymakers, and a wide range of occupations.
With the flexibility of combining our Arts degree with Business, Engineering, Education, Science, IT and over 40 majors to choose from, our career opportunities are amplified.
We work in ...
The Arts, Business, Education, Government, IT, Science Law, Education, Not-for- Profit sectors.
Our top 20 employers in Australia include:
- ANZ Ban
- Coles Group
- Deakin University
- Department of Environment, Land, Water
- Department of Health & Human Services
- Department of Education & Training
- Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade
- Department of Justice
- Department Premier & Cabinet
- Ernest & Young
- Herbert Smith
- Latrobe University
- Minter Ellison
- Monash Health
- Monash University
- National Australia Bank
- 3 year Post Study Work Visa Opportunity
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
An applicant for admission to the Master’s by Research in Education must have qualified as follows:
- four years of full-time equivalent University study at Monash University or any other recognised tertiary institution in education or a relevant field (either through a double degree or undergraduate degree plus Graduate Diploma or an honours year) with an upper H2B (a mark of 65 or above). Where the prior study does not include an honours year it should include a research component equivalent to that of an honours year; or
- qualifications or experience that GRC considers to be equivalent to, or a satisfactory substitute for, the above.
- Course Code: 075122C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Master of Legal Studies at Monash University
- Master of Educational Leadership at Monash University
- Master of TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) at Monash University
- Master of Teaching at Monash University
- Master of Social Work at Monash University
- Master of Public Policy at Monash University