Architectural History MPhil
This programme is intended for students who seek professional training in the history and theory of architecture. It offers the historiographical perspective and methodological tools required for advancing architectural history through a substantive work of scholarship. You will benefit from the environment of rigorous intellectual exchange supported by an extensive network of architectural history staff, a rich programme of architectural history lectures and workshops, and a dynamic atmosphere of student research leadership.
Through a combination of supervised original research and thesis writing with optional internships and other professional opportunities, you will gain a deep knowledge of architectural history as a field, as well as spectrum of investigative and rhetorical skills. You will mature as a scholar and thinker within an exceptional community of architectural inquiry—one of Britain’s largest and most broad-ranging centres for the study of architectural history.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The PhD in Architectural History will equip you for several career paths in academia, museums, industries that document and interpret the built environment, media, the public sector, and beyond.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Normally a UK masters degree, or its international equivalent. We will also take any professional experience into account.
If you do not meet the academic entry requirements, we may still consider your application on the basis of your relevant professional experience.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- World Christianity MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- World Christianity MTh at The University of Edinburgh
- World Christianity MPhil at The University of Edinburgh
- Urban Strategies and Design MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Theology in History MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Theology in History MTh at The University of Edinburgh