BACHELORS OF Music (Honours) / Education (Secondary)
Music has the power to impact a students' life. Explore the rich and complex world of music education by becoming a music teacher.
Enhance the quality of student development - socially, emotionally and academically through music.
In the first two years of the program you will take practical study in your chosen instrument or the human voice, as well as courses in musicology, musicianship, and electives in music education, followed by a research project in your final year.
You'll explore how to teach and how people learn, in courses designed specifically for music educators. You'll then apply your knowledge in classrooms. Throughout your program you’ll be immersed in hands-on workshops, school visits and supervised placements, and gain a strong understanding of day-to-day life in a secondary school.
Specialist one-on-one tutoring and ensemble participation will help you excel in your chosen instrument or voice. To prepare for a teaching career, you'll extend your skills across a range of instruments, and learn techniques for teaching classroom music and directing music ensembles.
You'll graduate as a versatile professional, equipped to teach in schools and other educational contexts, create and perform music, and pursue further research.
- Learn from world-renowned educators who’ll teach you flexible and creative ways to cater for the diverse learning needs of children and young adults.
- Graduate with two degrees where you'll be equipped to teach, create music, and pursue further research.
- Gain early experience in classrooms, with placements available from your first yea
- Learn to teach in a range of professional settings.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 or equivalent English, Mathematics B; plus two of Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Mathematics C or Physics, at least one of which must be Chemistry or Physics.
View the Prerequisites guide for more information about subject equivalents for interstate high schools, overseas high schools, university subjects and pathways and bridging programs.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 081640G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Social Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Regional and Town Planning (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Regional and Town Planning at The University of Queensland
- BACHELORS OF Music (Honours) / Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Music (Honours) / Arts at The University of Queensland