Photography: History, Theory, Practice MA
Develop your photography practice while exploring the history and theory of photography. The opportunity to combine practice, history and theory makes our MA unique in the UK.
Studying across disciplines including art history, film, American studies, history, English and media, you’ll push the frontiers of photographic knowledge. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a rich variety of material that reflects the diversity of photography. Our partnerships with the Getty Images Gallery and the Archive of Modern Conflict give you access to two of Britain’s most significant collections of photography. The Keep is a world-class centre for archives on our doorstep housing important resources such as the Mass Observation Archive.
Our Centre for Photography and Visual Culture also organises regular events. These include master classes allowing you to engage with Brighton’s rich photographic culture, such as the Brighton Photo Biennial.
You’ll learn from our faculty who are internationally distinguished scholars as well as photographers, artists, writers and curators. They work with institutions such as Tate, the V&A, PhotoEspaña and The Photographers’ Gallery.
Application Processing Time in Days: 25
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelors degree with an overall mark of at least 55-70% depending on your university.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Music and Sonic Media MA at University of Sussex
- Journalism and Documentary Practice MA at University of Sussex
- Journalism and Media Studies MA at University of Sussex
- International Journalism MA at University of Sussex
- Creative Documentary Practice MA at University of Sussex
- Creative and Critical Writing MA at University of Sussex