Bachelor of Biomedical Science/Bachelor of Mathematics
Understanding data - how to analyze it, model it, and make useful predictions from it - will continue to underpin new technologies, processes, and discoveries in all areas of the economy.
In the case of biomedicine, the increased capacity to generate large datasets from patients and or treatment regimens requires graduates with a capacity to understand both biology and mathematics.
In the Bachelor of Biomedical Science, you'll study how the body works, investigate how disease or injury interferes with normal function and treatment strategies that help restore function. You will also have a high degree of course flexibility with the option to select one major or two minor areas of study that align with your interests.
In the Bachelor of Mathematics, you'll learn to be an agile problem solver, capable of tackling real-world problems in their full complexity, through the application of modern mathematical, statistical, and computational approaches. Your specialist knowledge and skills in one of the contemporary specializations of mathematical practice - applied and computational mathematics, statistics, and operations research - will be underpinned by a solid foundational base of mathematical training, and complemented by computational and programming skills.
Gardens Point campus is located in Brisbane's city centre, beside the Brisbane River and adjacent to the City Botanic Gardens and Queensland Parliament House. At the centre of the campus is the Old Government House which was built in 1862 and re-opened in 2009.The faculties of Business, Law, and Science and Engineering are based at this campus.
Kelvin Grove campus hosts the faculties of Creative Industries, Education, and Health as well as the QUT International College and the Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation.
Application Processing Time in Days: 40
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Careers and outcomes
With increased demands upon the health system, a digital transformation is underway to provide better quality and efficiency of care, better population health, and better overall patient experience.
There is a tremendous opportunity and demand for graduates with the skills to connect mathematical, statistical, and computational knowledge to applications in the health and biomedical sciences, such as omics, bioinformatics, clinical decision making, device, and technology manufacture, and patient care and optimal scheduling.
With electronic health records being rolled out in hospitals across Queensland, there is also a need for graduates who are skilled in mathematical modeling and simulation, analysis and interpretation of data, and scheduling and optimization, to promote evidence-based decision-making for health practitioners.
- Biomedical Laboratory Officer
- Biomedical Science Researcher
- Biotechnology Business/Investment Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Data Analytics Specialist
- Health Data and Casemix Analyst
- Health Information Manager
- Quantitative Analyst
- Research Scientist
- Students who graduate with a Bachelors's degree are eligible for a 2-year work visa.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Senior/Higher Secondary School Certificate/Pre-University certificate from QUT recognized state education boards with an overall average of 75% in best five academic subjects (2 languages and 3 academic subjects), excluding physical education.
- Indian School Certificate academic stream awarded by CISCE with an overall average of 60% in the best five academic subjects (two languages and three academic subjects), excluding physical education.
- All India Senior School Certificate academic stream awarded by CBSE with an overall average of 60% in the best five academic subjects (two languages and three academic subjects), excluding physical education.
- Biology (Units 3 & 4, C)
- Chemistry (Units 3 & 4, C)
- Mathematical Methods (Units 3 & 4, C)
You must have achieved this study at a level comparable to Australian Year 12 or in recognized post-secondary studies.
- Course Code: 0100982
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Mathematics (Honours) at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Mathematics (Applied and Computational Mathematics) at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Psychology)/Bachelor of Social Work at Queensland University of Technology