Master of Urban Planning (Professional)
The Master of Urban Planning (Professional) is designed to prepare people with undergraduate qualifications in other disciplines, such as geography, civil engineering or environmental science, for practicing in the contemporary urban world, and is accredited by the New Zealand Planning Institute (NZPI).
You will focus on policy formulation and implementation, urban sustainability, urban design, economics, social and cultural matters, and infrastructure design. You will acquire the knowledge and leadership required to practice in an increasingly complex and diverse urban world.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
There are three common avenues for employment in urban planning – local government, central government and private practice. MUrbPlan(Prof) graduates can become a generalist in the field, or choose to specialise in one domain, such as transport, consents, environmental planning or design.
Jobs related to this programme
- Central, regional and local government bodies
- Community groups
- Iwi authorities
- Non-governmental organisations
- Private practice
- Urban design
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE 5.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Urban Planning (Professional) and Urban Design at University of Auckland
- Master of Urban Planning (Professional) and Heritage Conservation at University of Auckland
- Master of Urban Planning at University of Auckland
- Master of Urban Design at University of Auckland
- Master of Theology at University of Auckland
- Master of Music at University of Auckland