Honours Degree of Bachelor of Nursing
Turn high-achieving into a higher degree
There are many reasons we encourage graduates to apply for an honours year. You might want to build a necessary foundation for entry into postgraduate research. You could be seeking answers to questions no one is asking in the nursing world. Perhaps you’re pursuing advanced communication skills and subject knowledge to gain a competitive edge in the health sector.
What will you do?
- Attend regular classes for advanced coursework.
- Conduct a research project on a topic within the field of nursing.
- Partner with an academic who’ll supervise your research.
- Produce an extended research report for publication.
- Graduates who gain a first division honours can apply directly for PhD study.
The campus provides a mix of the historical and contemporary, combining old sandstone buildings with state-of-the-art teaching, learning and research facilities.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
There are three key steps you will need to take when addressing the selection criteria in any University of Adelaide job application:
- Create a new document. Your statement addressing the position’s specified selection criteria should be separate from your cover letter and resume.
- List each criterion separately. Give each a title, using exactly the same wording as appears on the Position Description (e.g. Excellent verbal communication skills).
- Address each criterion. Under each heading, write two short paragraphs explaining how your experience, skills, education and training equip you to meet that specific requirement. Dot points are also acceptable.
Please note that failing to submit a statement addressing the selection criteria could result in your application not being considered.
Some helpful writing tips
There are a number of steps you can take when putting together your responses to increase their clarity and impact.
- Give details of one or two specific things you’ve done that are good examples of the relevant experience or knowledge required. For example: ‘I was responsible for organising an event attended by… This involved…'
- Preface these examples with a short overview that shows you appreciate the relevance of the specific criterion.
- Quantify your experience (number of years worked, staff supervised, etc.). For example: ‘I delivered a presentation to an industry forum with an audience of 80 people.’
- Where possible, indicate how successfully you meet the criterion. You could do this by referring to feedback from others, or things you've set up that are still being used. For example: ‘A report I wrote about… was endorsed by the… Committee and circulated to all stakeholders for discussion.
You could also consider using the STAR method as a structural framework when describing examples of your work. This involves describing, in the order listed here, the:
- situation you faced
- task required, and desired outcome
- action you took to complete the task
- results you achieved, and lessons you learned.
The objective of this program is to produce graduates with specific attributes as outlined in University of Adelaide Graduate Attributes.
Deep discipline knowledge
Critical thinking and problem solving
Teamwork and communication skills
Career and leadership readiness
Intercultural and ethical competency
Self-awareness and emotional intelligence
Nurse Researcher, Registered Nurse, Nurse
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
ISC & CBSE [India] 60%
All India Senior Secondary Certificate (CBSE, New Delhi), Indian School Certificate (ISC), Maharashtra, Karnataka, Andra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu State Board Examination and Telangana State Board Examination.
Best three subjects, excluding language and non-academic subjects.
You must have completed at least one year at your home institution, however you are able to apply following one semester
You must have a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 2.5 out of 4.0 on the US scale or equivalent
You must meet the English Language requirements
IELTS - Overall band score of at least 6.5 Writing, Speaking, Reading and Listening 6.0
TOEFL (paper based) - Total score of 577, Test of Written English (TWE) 4.5
TOEFL (internet based) - Total score of 79 Writing 21 Speaking 18 Reading and Listening 13
Pearson Test of English - Overall score of 58, Writing, Speaking, Reading and Listening 50
Cambridge C1 Advanced (formerly known as Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)) - Overall score of 176 Writing, Speaking, Reading and Listening 169
- Course Code: 068884G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Science (Advanced) at The University of Adelaide
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Science (Mineral Geoscience) at The University of Adelaide
- Bachelor of Applied Data Analytics at The University of Adelaide
- Bachelor of Veterinary Technology at The University of Adelaide
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Viticulture and Oenology at The University of Adelaide
- Honours Degree of Bachelor of Science in Dentistry - Teaching Hospitals at The University of Adelaide