We have a long and distinguished tradition of teaching, research and fieldwork in archaeology at Edinburgh, all of which are closely integrated.
We have active research contacts with:
- National Museums of Scotland
- Scottish Universities Environmental Research Centre
- Historic Environment Scotland
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our PhD students develop a highly valued set of research and professional skills which enable them to go on to a wide variety of careers including academia and in sectors such as museums and heritage, commercial or developer-funded archaeology, the civil service and teaching.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Entrance to the Business School Ph.D. programs is competitive.
While academic credentials are important for a successful application, we also pay great attention to the fit of students with the proposed project, as well as the research expertise and interests of our academic faculty.
Minimum academic requirements
For entry to the Ph.D. program, applicants must meet the following minimum academic qualifications.
A postgraduate master's degree from an accredited institution in the UK or overseas showing evidence of above-average academic achievement. This includes:
a degree classification with a mark of 65% or more overall (University of Edinburgh level, or overseas equivalent)
normally a masters dissertation at the distinction level (University of Edinburgh level, or overseas equivalent) in accounting, finance, or related disciplines
Degrees in quantitative disciplines (e.g. economics or mathematics) or business studies will be considered if you can demonstrate a strong background in accounting and finance throughout your degree.
Applications may be accepted from those still currently studying for a master's degree; however, any offer will be conditional on the successful completion of the degree at the required standard.
Applicants with significant industry experience in the accounting sector, or with relevant professional qualifications will be given due consideration on a case-by-case basis. However, these applicants must also have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related discipline.
English language tests
We accept the following English language qualifications at the grades specified:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): total 7.0 (at least 6.0 in each module)
- TOEFL-iBT (including Special Home Edition): total 100 (at least 20 in each module). We do not accept TOEFL MyBest Score to meet our English language requirements.
- CAE and CPE: total 185 (at least 169 in each module)
- Trinity ISE: ISE III with a pass in all four components
Your English language qualification must be no more than three and a half years old from the start date of the programme you are applying to study, unless you are using IELTS, TOEFL or Trinity ISE, in which case it must be no more than two years old.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- World Christianity PhD at The University of Edinburgh
- Systematic Theology PhD at The University of Edinburgh
- South Asian Studies PhD at The University of Edinburgh
- Sociology PhD at The University of Edinburgh
- Socio-cultural Studies PhD at The University of Edinburgh
- Social Anthropology PhD at The University of Edinburgh