Master of Engineering Studies
The MEngSt allows students with academic engineering backgrounds to expand their existing theoretical and practical skills. It is flexible – you can study either full-time or part-time, undertake either a primarily coursework or research-focused program, and choose from sixteen distinct specializations.
This program ultimately requires an in-depth exploration of your chosen topic. You will demonstrate high-quality critical thinking and problem-solving skills that are sought-after by employers worldwide or consider this as a foundation for further study.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
This is a new five-hectare campus adjacent to the major business area in Newmarket. It will provide the University with a site for expansion over the next 50 years.
Originally established as the School of Medicine, the Grafton Campus (opposite Auckland Hospital on the boundary of Auckland Domain) houses the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, including a café, health services, and the Philson Library.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Your specialization may determine your career path, though our graduates fit broad roles in planning, evaluating, designing, maintaining, and operating engineering products and infrastructure. The MEngSt gives you opportunities to advance in the ranking, become a lead engineer, or enjoy a career in research and development.
Jobs related to this program
- Design engineer
- Process engineering manager
- Product engineer
- Project manager
- Senior engineer
- Software developer
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE 4.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Robotics and Automation Engineering at University of Auckland
- Master of Architecture (Professional) and Urban Planning (Professional) at University of Auckland
- Master of Aerospace Engineering at University of Auckland
- Master of Marine Studies at University of Auckland
- Master of Information Technology at University of Auckland
- Master of Engineering Project Management at University of Auckland