Bachelor of Health, Sport and Physical Education (Honours)
Prepare yourself to play a vital and rewarding role, encouraging healthy habits and motivating younger generations to be healthy and active.
UQ’s Bachelor of Health, Sport and Physical Education (Honours) educates the next generation of specialist health, sport and physical education teachers, and senior biology teachers.
It is the longest-running university-based physical education program in Australia, with more than 70 years of teaching, research and graduate excellence.
You'll learn how to help young people explore a range of sport and physical activities confidently and competently, and develop a lifelong love of being healthy and active.
You'll engage in extensive practical learning experiences, as well as develop a solid understanding of the sciences behind human movement including biomechanics, motor development, psychology, skill acquisition and exercise physiology.
You'll also have a great time – learning experiences in this program have been purposely designed to be fun, involve physical activity and encourage teamwork.
- Put theory into practice with more than 100 days of hands-on, practical teaching experience, including a full school term in your fourth year.
- Be taught by leading academics who are also active researchers in areas such as health and physical education curriculum, young people and physical activity and digital technology.
- Learn and train in Olympic-standard recreational and sporting facilities, including an aquatic centre, an athletics centre, a fitness centre, and tennis courts.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Senior physical education teacher
- Senior health teacher
- Senior biology teacher
- Junior health and physical education teacher
- Sports coach
- Corporate health officer
- Recreation manager
- Outdoor education coordinator
- Physical performance director
- Sports academy researcher
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 (or equivalent) General English subject (Units 3 & 4, C); General Mathematics, Mathematical Methods or Specialist Mathematics (Units 3 & 4, C); and one of Biology, Chemistry or Physics (Units 3 & 4, C).
From 2018 applicants to education programs in Australia must complete non-academic entry criteria. Refer to the 'Additional application information' section below for further information.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 082625K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Environmental Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Midwifery (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Humanities / Laws (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Veterinary Technology (Honours) (BVetTech(Hons)) at The University of Queensland