Bachelors of Engineering (Honours) / Information Technology
Prepare for the future with a program at the forefront of innovation that teaches advanced skills in established and emerging engineering disciplines, while developing the abilities and knowledge to shape the future of information communication technology.
This dual degree combines understanding the practical and theoretical requirements for a professional engineering qualification with learning the skills and self-confidence to effectively manage a wide range of business and technology environments.
UQ's respected Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) program is one of the most comprehensive in Australia for design, technology and innovation. During your first year of study you can choose your specialisation, or undertake a flexible first year which allows you to keep your options open and have the opportunity to experience the diverse range of engineering disciplines. Depending on your choice of major, you might find future work anywhere from infrastructure and hospitals to energy and software.
Studies for Bachelor of Information Technology will prepare you for a career working with computers and information, where you'll apply technical skills to solve problems, support innovation and improve communication between people. Topics covered include accounting, economics, law, marketing, business and strategy, and you'll learn about software engineering, design, mathematics, information systems and more. You'll also undertake projects, placements and internships with businesses that can often lead to employment opportunities.
- Learn from the best in courses integrating technology with active learning, and attain the understanding and practical skills to thrive in a constantly changing world.
- Acquire the engineering qualifications that set you apart in the job market, prove your leadership material and provide a pathway to future research or learning.
- Use courseware developed in close collaboration with UQ industry partners that will provide you with solid foundation in concepts relevant across the business world and technology-based industry.
- Hone your business acumen and develop the talent to confidently lead people and projects, no matter where your career takes you.
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Systems and Networks
- Electrical and Biomedical Engineering (Dual Major)
- Electrical and Computer Engineering (Dual Major)
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering (Extended Major)
- Mining Engineering
- Software Design
- Software Information Systems
- User Experience Design
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Depending on which major you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Network and systems engineer
- Cloud architect
- Cyber security specialist
- Biomedical engineer
- Data migration specialist
- Automation engineer
- Software developer
- Information systems auditor
- Experience designer
- Usability tester
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 (or equivalent) General English subject (Units 3 & 4, C); Mathematical Methods (Units 3 & 4, C); and one of Chemistry or Physics (Units 3 & 4, C).
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 080731B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) - Mechatronic Engineering at The University of Queensland
- BACHELOR OF Engineering (Honours) Civil Engineering at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Software Engineering at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Information Technology / Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Information Technology / Arts at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) at The University of Queensland