Bachelor of Education (Honours) and Bachelor of Fine Art
Do you want to share your artistic passion and creativity with children and young people? If so, this double degree course is for you.
It will prepare you either for primary or secondary school teaching. Students specializing in secondary education will qualify as specialist art teachers, while students specializing in primary education will be qualified to teach across the school curriculum but with particular expertise in art.
In addition to being eligible to seek employment in schools, this combination will enable you to seek opportunities in the creative arts world where an understanding of learning and development is relevant, perhaps in community cultural programs, museums, and galleries, or therapeutic settings.
Clayton campus has around 26,000 students and is the largest of all eight campuses. It is located 20km south-east of Melbourne.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Monash Arts Jobs and Careers
Monash Arts prepares our students for their professional futures and the impact they create in their organisations and communities.
There are over 81,240 Monash Arts alumni across 130 countries. Our global community includes The Hon. Daniel Andrews MP, The Hon. Dan Tehan MP, Adam Bandt MP, Bill Shorten MP, Sarah Abo, Yalda Hakim, Vance Joy, Professor Sharman Stone, Professor Emeritus Ariel Heryanto, H.E. Mr Arthur Spyrou, H.E. Mr Saleumxay Kommasith and thousands of influential graduates impacting communities, nations and the world for good.
We work as ...
Monash Arts graduates work as: Authors, Ambassadors, Analysts, Artists, Consultants, Creative Directors, Communication Specialists, Criminologists, Digital Consultants, Diplomats, Educators, Entrepreneurs, Executives, IT Specialists, Journalists, Media Presenters, Musicians, Linguists, Lawyers, Marketers, Media and Communication Specialists, Politicians, Policymakers, and a wide range of occupations.
With the flexibility of combining our Arts degree with Business, Engineering, Education, Science, IT and over 40 majors to choose from, our career opportunities are amplified.
We work in ...
The Arts, Business, Education, Government, IT, Science Law, Education, Not-for- Profit sectors.
Our top 20 employers in Australia include:
- ANZ Ban
- Coles Group
- Deakin University
- Department of Environment, Land, Water
- Department of Health & Human Services
- Department of Education & Training
- Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade
- Department of Justice
- Department Premier & Cabinet
- Ernest & Young
- Herbert Smith
- Latrobe University
- Minter Ellison
- Monash Health
- Monash University
- National Australia Bank
- 2 year Post Study Work Visa Opportunity
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Before you apply to come to Monash on exchange or study abroad, you should check that you meet the following entry requirements. You must:
- have completed at least one full year at your home university
- have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 or 60 percent or equivalent
- meet our English language requirements.
All applicants must sit CASPer. CASPer is a requirement for many of the initial teacher education courses in Victoria. It is a non-cognitive online tool designed to assess an applicant's personal and professional attributes. CASPer can only be taken online, on specific dates between September and January.
Recent secondary education
- All applicants must satisfy the following prerequisites or their equivalents.
Australian VCE subjects
- Units 3 & 4: a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or 25 in English other than EAL
- Units 1 & 2: satisfactory completion of two units (any study combination) of General Mathematics, Mathematical Methods or Specialist Mathematics or Units 3 & 4: any mathematics
- At least 4 in English SL or 3 in English HL or 5 in English B SL or 4 in English B HL
- At least 3 in any mathematics subject
- Course Code: 082368M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year 03 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics at Monash University
- Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics at Monash University
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Criminology at Monash University
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours) at Monash University
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Science at Monash University
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Music at Monash University