Bachelor of Information Technology (Professional)
Gain in-demand computing skills and invaluable work experience with VU's Bachelor of Information Technology (Professional).
Our IT (professional) degree gives you a solid foundation in the latest web and mobile app development, and network and systems design. You'll also have the exciting opportunity to experience 12 months of paid internship in the IT industry as part of your degree.
You will build your computer-science knowledge through solving real-world problems in:
- web development
- mobile-application development
- data analysis
- cyber security
- network and system computing
- ICT management
- software engineering and development
- network management
- global leadership.
You'll also gain the experience needed to lead teams and manage projects.
In order to be admitted in to the Bachelor of IT (Professional), you must successfully secure a placement with one of our industry partners.
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Australia's information and communications technology (ICT) industry is a dynamic and rapidly growing market.
VU's Bachelor of Information Technology (Professional) gives you the real-world work experience to prepare for roles in:
- network design and implementation
- system security consultancy
- data modelling and database development
- web and mobile application programming
- network and database system administration
- information and communication technology (ICT) management.
- software analyst
- web designer
- web application developer
- mobile application developer
- computer and network support
- data centre administrator
- systems administrator
- system security consultant
- database administrator
- business analyst
- data analyst
- project manager (e.g. in government, banking/finance, retail, manufacturing).
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4:
- a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or 20 in any other English (or equivalent).
- A study score of at least 20 in Mathematics (any).
- Completion of an Australian Advanced Diploma or Diploma (or equivalent).
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score or 6.0 (with no band less than 6.0 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).
- Completion of a Foundation course or equivalent.
- Course Code: 096870D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Information Technology at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechanical Engineering) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Electrical and Electronic Engineering) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Civil Engineering) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Architectural Engineering) at Victoria University
- Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours) at Victoria University