Classical Civilisation and English BA
This degree allows you to study the full range of literature in English alongside the classical texts which have influenced the literary tradition and the historical context that shaped them.
Core modules will introduce you to the Greek and Roman worlds and key texts like the Iliad and Aeneid, while you’ll also explore aspects of poetry, drama and prose in English.
You’ll also be able to choose from a wide range of optional modules on topics as broad as medieval English romance, Plato, creative writing, Greek religion, postcolonial fiction, Pompeii, and the ways in which contemporary writing has engaged with Classics. There’s even the option to learn from scratch or continue with Ancient Greek or Latin.
Spanning literature, history, archaeology and philosophy among other disciplines, this wide-ranging joint honours degree will equip you with a broad set of skills. It will also give you an insight into the making of the world we live in and its ancient cultural heritage.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Music, Multimedia and Electronics BSc at University of Leeds
- History and Philosophy of Science and Physics BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography and Geology BSc at University of Leeds
- Geography with Environmental Mathematics BSc at University of Leeds
- Sociology and International Relations BA at University of Leeds
- Social Policy and Sociology BA at University of Leeds