Bachelor of Global Indigenous Studies
Do you want to work effectively with local and global communities using Indigenous knowledge systems to respond to ecological, social and economic challenges? The Wollotuka Institute within the University of Newcastle is committed to the advancement of Indigenous education at a local, national and international level.
You could find yourself in a range of vocations that require social innovation and digital excellence, utilising critical Indigenous knowledge to address pressing global issues. This degree is designed to deliver culturally secure and innovative social advocates and is open to all students.
Newcastle - Callaghan
The University of Newcastle's main campus at Callaghan is only 12 kilometres from beaches and the heart of Newcastle - a city named as one of the world's top 'Smart Cities' to watch in 2017 by Global magazine National Geographic Traveler.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
A Global Indigenous Studies degree opens doors for jobs in a range of areas in both Indigenous and mainstream organisations internationally. Students graduate with an in-depth understanding of Aboriginal culture, history and political life in Australia and the ability to challenge and develop policy affecting social justice in the workforce and community. Graduates will pursue rewarding careers in Indigenous affairs and beyond. Some typical roles include:
- global development worker
- organisational cultural diversity practitioner
- start-up entrepreneur
- cultural heritage conservationist
- social enterprise founder
- digital media content initiator
- community development worker
- program innovation consultant
- policy and research officer
- 3 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to our undergraduate degree programs usually requires successful completion of a senior secondary school qualification similar to the Higher School Certificate (HSC), the highest educational award in New South Wales schools..
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 098484J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Music at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Visual Communication Design (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Music (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Fine Art (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Development Studies (Honours) at University of Newcastle