Bachelor of Theology (Honours) (1 year)
The Bachelor of Theology (Honours) is a one-year programme for high-achieving students who have completed the Bachelor of Theology pass degree or equivalent.
Undertake a focused research project framed by one-on-one supervision with one of our internationally-recognised academic staff, and engage in an in-depth study of an area of theology or biblical studies in which you are particularly interested.
As part of the honours degree, you will:
- establish a strong foundation for higher degree research by learning more about research methods and strategies used in theology
- explore in depth either a classical theological text or a substantial contemporary work
- examine a key theological theme (creation, revelation, salvation, liberation) and/or specific moral or ethical question (global poverty, work, care for the environment, the family, forgiveness)
- write a thesis that adds to the knowledge base of the discipline.
Aside from expanding your knowledge, a theology honours degree will give you an edge in an increasingly competitive job market. You will enhance your capacity across high-level research, as well as your writing and problem solving skills – highly transferable skills that employers have identified as the necessary skill-sets for sustaining a long, distinguished and personally rewarding career.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
1200 Mair Street, Ballarat Vic 3350 PO Box 650, Ballarat Vic 3350
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
25A Barker Road, Strathfield NSW 2135 Locked Bag 2002, Strathfield NSW 2135
Brisbane Campus (McAuley) 1100 Nudgee Road Banyo, Qld 4014
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates in theology can pursue a range of opportunities in such vocational fields as teaching, or work in church agencies and ministries, chaplaincy, community building, or undertake pastoral work. Alternatively, you may wish to pursue a career in an area that utilizes the skills acquired through your theology degree, such as journalism, media, administration, or public relations. If you are interested in undertaking further higher-degree research, an honors degree will provide you with a strong foundation to pursue this path.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- High level achievement in a three year Bachelor of Theology qualification.
English Language Requirement
- Academic IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum of 6.0 in writing and speaking tests, and a minimum of 5.5 in listening and reading tests)
- Course Code: 061898C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology / Bachelor of Philosophy at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology / Bachelor of Global Studies at Australian Catholic University (ACU)