B.A. Honors Stage Management and Technical Theatre
What is the Bachelor in Stage Management and Technical Theatre degree?
This three year honors degree course offers practice-based training to students who are interested in a career in professional theatre, TV and film. It has been enhanced to provide increased opportunities in specialist areas within stage management and technical theatre (e.g. sound, lighting and construction), increased professional placements and a Capstone research project. Classes on production management, design (set, lighting, costume and sound) and managing your own freelance business will also be introduced during the final year.
Stage management and technical theatre: The course for you?
Students who undertake this course will need to have a keen interest in stage management, production management, lighting, sound, construction, prop making, costume or set design. This is an intensive course requiring a commitment on average of 35 hours per week, 38 weeks per year.
Stage management and technical theatre at Trinity
This degree course is specifically designed to train technical staff for the theatre, TV and film industries. Through a series of skills based courses, placements and professional development programmes the course aims to equip students with the necessary skills to realise a professional theatre production. The practical training during the degree course will be complemented with a range of classes including theatre history, principles of stage management and principles of theatre technology. Led by dedicated and experienced theatre technicians and stage managers these classes will reflect best practices in professional theatre.
Graduate skills and career opportunities
Stage manager, assistant stage manager, lighting operator, sound operator, costume supervisor, scenic and prop maker in local, national and international theatres. Stage management and theatre technician jobs with theatre companies touring nationally and internationally. Technical jobs with companies that support the theatre, TV and film industries such as PSI and Avcom.
Do you enjoy:
- Working behind the scenes in a theatre, film or TV production?
- The idea of freelancing on the national and international theatre circuits?
Application Processing Time in Days: 60
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
If you are an international student studying at Trinity, you might be considering internship and graduate work in Ireland, in your home country, or elsewhere. This section provides information for Non EU students on working in Ireland during and after your studies. For information and resources to support an international job search, see our Devex resource which includes international job search advice and information.
Employers value candidates who have more to offer than a good degree with high grades. They look for students who are well rounded and who have experience outside the classroom. Search for and take advantage of opportunities to gain experience, develop your skill set, and gain a clearer picture of what you like and don't like in terms of career options.
For example, you can get involved in some of the many student clubs and societies in college, volunteer or get a part time job. Remember that voluntary work is as valuable as paid work on your CV or resume - it's a great way to demonstrate your skills to future employers. Have a look at the TCD Civic Engagement website and check out volunteering opportunities in Ireland and abroad.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- General Entry Requirements
- Class XII – ISC, CBSE
- 80-90% in six subjects at XII depending on course (or 5 at Grade XII and 1 at Grade X) Mathematics up to Grade X
- 3 subjects at Grade 5 (Higher Level)
- 3 subjects at Grade 4 (Standard Level),
- including English & Maths
- 32 to 40 points, depending on course
- 4 A2 or best 3 A2 plus one AS
- Pass in English & Maths
- *75% or above / HL Mathematics required
- at Class XII level for Computer Science,Engineering, Science and Mathematics courses
*Additional requirements may apply for some courses
- English Language Proficienc Test
- IELTS - 6.5 (No individual band below 6)
- TOEFL - 90 (Written score 21)
- PTE Score -63 (No section below 59)
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 EUR
Application Fee: 55 EUR
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Honours Geography and Geoscience at Trinity College Dublin
- International History (M.Phil.) at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. Honors Geography (JH) at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. (Moderatorship) Geography: Geography and Geoscience at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. Honors Sociology and Social Policy at Trinity College Dublin
- B.A. Honors Sociology (JH) at Trinity College Dublin