Product Design BSc (Hons)
At Sussex, you’ll be taught by design experts with industry experience combining art, science and technology. You’ll learn to design products that satisfy the needs and behaviours of people and society.
From day one, you’ll be working with industry professionals on live creative briefs, and you’ll have opportunities to commercialise your products. We ground you in design thinking so you can develop informed solutions and produce them through prototyping and manufacturing models. You’ll also consider how your products may be recycled or re-purposed at the end of their life – designing for the circular economy – a skill desired by the industry.
Our teaching prepares you for success: our students have won awards from design leaders such as LEGO and Hasbro. They’ve also taken their own designs to market through the Sussex Innovation Centre.
Application Processing Time in Days: 25
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- International Baccalaureate
(Typical offer - 30 - 32 points overall from the full IB Diploma)
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Mechanical Engineering (with an industrial placement year) MEng at University of Sussex
- Mechanical Engineering with Robotics BEng (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Mechanical Engineering with Robotics MEng at University of Sussex
- Mechanical Engineering with Robotics (with an industrial placement year) BEng (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Product Design (with an industrial placement year) BSc (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Mechanical Engineering with Robotics (with an industrial placement year) MEng at University of Sussex