Bachelor of Human Services/Bachelor of Business
Why choose this course?
Our double degree in human services and business will prepare you for work with organizations that provide public, non-government and private services such as child and family, disability support and health services. In the business component, you may choose a major in accountancy, advertising, economics, finance, financial planning, human resource management, international business, management, marketing or public relations.
This course has a strong focus on contemporary social issues. You will develop skills in casework and case management, social policy processes, group, and team practice skills, advanced communication, community work, and understanding families and relationships. You will complete over 500 hours of human services placement during this course, meaning you'll gain the hands-on experience you need to build a successful career. During placement, you will further develop your assessment and intervention skills and develop your own practice framework.
Gardens Point campus is located in Brisbane's city centre, beside the Brisbane River and adjacent to the City Botanic Gardens and Queensland Parliament House. At the centre of the campus is the Old Government House which was built in 1862 and re-opened in 2009.The faculties of Business, Law, and Science and Engineering are based at this campus.
Kelvin Grove campus hosts the faculties of Creative Industries, Education, and Health as well as the QUT International College and the Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation.
Application Processing Time in Days: 40
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Careers and outcomes
In an age of competitive tendering, outsourcing, and consumer choice, a double degree in human services and business gives you the knowledge and skills you need to work effectively across public and private spheres to progress to management positions in human service organizations. Tasks undertaken by managers in human service organizations include recruiting and managing staff, marketing and promoting programs and services, and preparing and managing budgets, contracts, and tenders.
Human services graduates generally work with communities and non-government agencies as case managers, counselors, policy development officers, project managers, community development officers, welfare officers, youth workers, child protection officers, and family service professionals.
Opportunities also exist for graduates to work in aid, development, not-for-profit, and human rights agencies in Australia and internationally.
- Business Development Officer
- Case Manager
- Child Protection Officer
- Community Corrections Officer
- Community Education Officer
- Director of Health Programs and Services
- Disability Services Worker
- Family Services Officer
- Health Policy Officer
- Health Promotion Officer
- Health Services Manager
- Human Resource Manager
- Human Services Practitioner
- Marketing Officer/Manager
- Youth Worker
- Students who graduate with a Bachelors's degree are eligible for a 2-year work visa.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Senior/Higher Secondary School Certificate/Pre-University certificate from QUT recognized state education boards with an overall average of 75% in best five academic subjects (2 languages and 3 academic subjects), excluding physical education.
- Indian School Certificate academic stream awarded by CISCE with an overall average of 60% in the best five academic subjects (two languages and three academic subjects), excluding physical education.
- All India Senior School Certificate academic stream awarded by CBSE with an overall average of 60% in the best five academic subjects (two languages and three academic subjects), excluding physical education.
There are requirements that you will need to meet as a student in this course. You will need to identify these requirements and ensure you allow sufficient time to meet them. Some of these requirements have associated costs.
Blue card: You must undergo a criminal history check for working with children and be issued with a suitability card (blue card) before commencing clinical placement/practicum in an organization where they may work with children or young people.
The processing of your application may take several months so you must submit your blue card application to HiQ as early as possible to ensure you have your card before you begin any unit that requires contact with children. There is no charge for student blue cards. Students who already have a blue card must register it with QUT.
- Course Code: 088346B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Human Services/Bachelor of Public Health at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Public Health at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Human Services at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Social Work at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Justice at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Justice (Honours) at Queensland University of Technology