Master of Applied Science
Develop a capacity for solutions through independent research and problem analysis with the Master of Applied Science.
You'll expand and develop specialist knowledge in your chosen field of research and provide evidence of independent thought and the ability to manage a research project. You'll learn how to:
- develop problem-solving abilities
- think logically, creatively and critically
- improve your career prospects with skills that will make you competitive in your field.
Be supported by academic staff with experience in research projects, presenting papers to international conferences and publishing academic journals and books.
The standard duration of a Masters by Research varies according to your qualifications. If you have a three-year undergraduate degree, the duration will be two years of full-time study or part-time equivalent. However, if you have an Honours degree in a closely-related discipline, or have equivalent research experience, the standard duration is eighteen months of full-time study or part-time equivalent.
A thesis on an approved subject will also be required. The research will be conducted under the supervision of your principal supervisor and co-supervisor.
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Career opportunities include:
- management-level positions in industry or government
- research in government laboratories, research institutions or in industry
- employment with a university conducting research
- visiting key international research institutes.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor's degree Completed with a degree classification of Second Division (55%), academic requirements may vary depending on the institution at which the qualification was obtained.
Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee you entry into this course. Some courses receive more applications than the number of places available. In this situation we will also assess your education, work and other relevant experience.
If you do not meet the minimum requirements you may be eligible for one of our special admission programs. We also encourage you to explore our study pathways to help you reach your goal.
You will need to provide evidence that you have achieved one of the following levels of English language proficiency:
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
You will need to provide evidence that you have achieved one of the following levels of English language proficiency :
- IELTS (academic module): Overall score of 6.5 (no band less than 6.0)
- TOEFL Internet: Test score of 79. Section score no less than:
> Listening: 19
> Speaking: 19
> Reading: 18
> Writing: 22
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Overall score of 58-64 (with no section score less than 50)
- University of Cambridge - Advanced (CAE): Overall score of 176. No individual band less than 169.
- VU English - English for Academic Purposes (EAP) (Level 6): Achieved.
IELTS, TOEFL, PTE and CAE: These tests must be taken no more than two years prior to commencing your course.
In some cases, we will accept test results from other methods of examination not listed in this table.
- Course Code: 085319G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Sport Business and Integrity at Victoria University
- Master of Science (Research) at Victoria University
- Master of Public Health (Global Nutrition and Active Living) at Victoria University
- Master of Nursing (By Research) at Victoria University
- Master of Health Science (Osteopathy) at Victoria University
- Master of Counselling at Victoria University