Bachelor of Nursing
ACU is the largest provider of nurses in Australia. Our close links with hospitals and health care partners guarantee clinical experience in diverse settings. The Bachelor of Nursing develops caring professional nurses who are proactive and adaptable, competent and ethical clinicians, and creative and critical thinkers.
Across the course theory will be consistently embedded in clinical practice through the inclusion of one Integrating Practice unit every semester. Clinical placement areas include aged care, community nursing, high dependency nursing, medical/surgical nursing, mental health, paediatrics, palliative care, and perioperative nursing. You may also take up the opportunity to engage with communities overseas and gain unique educational and cultural experiences working in care facilities in developing countries.
Pending meeting local registration requirements, Bachelor of Nursing graduates can pursue a range of careers as a Registered Nurse within the health care industry including:
- aged care nursing
- community care nursing
- medical/surgical nursing
- mental health nursing
- paediatric nursing
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
1200 Mair Street, Ballarat Vic 3350 PO Box 650, Ballarat Vic 3350
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
40 Edward Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 PO Box 968, North Sydney NSW 2059
Brisbane Campus (McAuley) 1100 Nudgee Road Banyo, Qld 4014
Canberra Campus (Signadou) 223 Antill Street Watson, ACT 2602
25A Barker Rd, Strathfield NSW 2135, Australia
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
As a registered nurse graduates can pursue a career in a range of settings including medical/surgical nursing, paediatric nursing, aged care nursing, community care nursing, mental health nursing, and clinical education.
- 2 years PSW for Melbourne, North Sydney, and Brisbane
- 3 years PSW for Ballarat, Canberra & Blacktown
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
CBSE All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Indian School Certificate (ISC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects; Senior Secondary School Certificate from National Open Schooling with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Higher Secondary Certificate from the State Boards listed below with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
• Andhra Pradesh
• Gujarat, Karnataka
• Tamil Nadu
• West Bengal
Local languages and non-academic subjects are excluded.
English Language Requirement
- Applicants for Nursing courses should carefully review the details outlined in Schedule 3, Section 3b of the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy to check how they must demonstrate their English Language Proficiency.
Applicants also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy.
- Course Code: 001293G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Exercise Science / Bachelor of Applied Public Health at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Psychological Science / Bachelor of Arts at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Philosophy / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Nursing (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science / Bachelor of Nutrition Science at Australian Catholic University (ACU)