Health Policy MSc
The MSc Health Policy will develop your understanding of, and critical engagement with, key challenges in health policy.
Both state and non-state actors grapple with how best to promote the health of communities and populations, including the most effective strategies for:
- preventing disease
- ensuring efficient and high quality health care
- reducing health inequalities
These challenges extend beyond the traditional domain of the health sector, requiring engagement with economic and social policy and a range of non-state actors including third sector organisations, commercial interests and international agencies.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This programme is intended to equip you with the skills and knowledge necessary to pursue employment in policy, advocacy and research roles relevant to health policy.
Most students use the MSc as an investment to develop their careers or move into a more policy-focused area, including jobs with:
- health agencies or consultancies
- government departments
- international organisations
- third sector organisations
By combining an advanced degree from a world-leading university with expertise in an innovative field relevant to multiple policy agendas, our graduates are well-placed to secure interesting positions within an often very competitive area.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- A UK 2:1 honours degree or its international equivalent
- Evidence of an interest in global health policy consistent with the aims of this programme.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Computer Science MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Poultry Science MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Conservation Genetics with Wildlife Forensics MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Ancient Worlds (Archaeology and Classics) MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Advanced Clinical Practice MVetSci at The University of Edinburgh
- UKRI Centre for Doctoral Training in Biomedical Artificial Intelligence MScR at The University of Edinburgh