Bachelor of Creative Industries (Applied Fashion) - ARB402
The Bachelor of Creative Industries (Applied Fashion) offers students a unique opportunity to study fashion. A major strength of this course is its position within a specialist design, visual arts, and multi-media institution with the potential for students to work alongside other cultural and creative disciplines. The course prepares students for a career in the highly competitive fashion industry by ensuring that graduates have the vocabulary and industry knowledge they need to succeed. Students on this course are expected to be autonomous and have a strong work ethic, focused and highly motivated. The course is located in a dynamic and creative studio environment. Individual development is supported and nurtured through experimentation, exploration and innovation.
The course aims to initially develop student's key skillsets covering research, design, manufacturing and pattern cutting, which will underpin and inform a personal design philosophy and the chosen area of specialism. As students learn to excel in design, they are encouraged to venture outside the immediate discipline of fashion design and visual media to assess the needs of the ever-changing global economy to provide design solutions for the future. The course engages with many market levels, from couture to high street, through a range of projects, many of which are in sponsored by specific labels or companies.
The course encourages and supports students to find relative work placements, which enable them to experience the reality of working within the industry or a particular company, together with the opportunity to build useful networks for a future career. This wider involvement with the fashion industry and society is invaluable to their development as a designer.
The course strives to create professionals who aspire to be reflective practitioners and possess the confidence and skills to productively contribute to the future development of fashion.
The University of Canberra, in partnership with TAFE Queensland, offers a range of exciting courses in Brisbane (South Bank and Mt Gravatt).
Application Processing Time in Days: 14
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
- Honours enables all students to demonstrate to future employers their potential for independent, sustained research. The options to develop industry partnerships related to your project and engage in international professional experiences (through study-tours) further enhance the opportunities to refine work-ready skills. During Honours you will participate in an exciting research community of students and academics with access to the Faculty's research expertise, support and networking opportunities.
- Graduates at UC will provide with wide range of job opportunities in Australia. They prepare their student ready for the job as the market demand. Student can look up for jobs at UC TALENT OPPORTUNITIES or one can work as VOLUNTEER and INTERN at VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES.
UC have partnerships with various employers from various field including Nursing
Regular 2 years post study work visa for international students completing Bachelors and Masters degrees (minimum 92 weeks), 3 years for Masters by Research and 4 years for PhD. graduates
Cities and major regional centres
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast Canberra Newcastle/Lake Macquarie
- Wollongong/Illawarra Geelong
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an
additional year in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 3 years of PSW visa)
Regional centres and other regional areas
All other locations
(list of cities)
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional
2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to this course is based on an entrance rank. A rank can be achieved by the following means:
- Year 12 ATAR
- other Australian Qualification
- work experience
- overseas qualification
We also offer a number of entry initiatives that give you the opportunity to gain entry to the University via alternate pathway programs and admissions schemes.
For More Information Please Connect to Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 102456H
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Arts and Design (Honours) - 298JA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Digital Design (Visual Communication Design) at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Digital Design (Digital Media) at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Creative Industries (Visual Arts) - ARB405 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Creative Industries (Drama and Performance) - ARB404 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Creative Industries (Contemporary Music Practice) - ARB403 at University of Canberra