Master of Tourism and Destination Management
The Master of Tourism and Destination Management prepares business graduates for managerial, policy development and planning roles in the rapidly growing tourism and events industries.
This course incorporates tourism and management studies with a focus on addressing contemporary issues and challenges faced by destinations internationally.
The program is embedded within an established suite of business programs including Victoria University’s internationally awarded MBA.
In the course you will:
- build managerial skills and cross-disciplinary knowledge
- develop your skills in understanding, analysing and responding to the complexity of the tourism and events industries within a destination
- explore relationships between tourism and destination management and the broader economic, social, political and environmental context.
City Flinders Campus is a modern building in the centre of Melbourne’s busy central business district (CBD) You could be studying courses as diverse as osteopathy and business at this campus. It is opposite Melbourne’s grand Flinders Street Station, the Yarra River and the Southbank precinct. The campus is a perfect location for transport, shopping, food and cafes, or to hold a special event at our our Convention Centre.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The Master of Tourism and Destination Management will equip students for roles such as:
- planning and policy development officers in government departments at national, state and local and regional levels
- research and planning officers with research and consulting firms
- tourism planning and promotion agency staff
- tourism educators through private providers and TAFE
- policy officers with professional and industry associations
- managers of attractions
- marketing and communication roles (events)
- planners within the travel sector (airlines and other major transport providers)
- self employment through tourism management businesses.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in a similar discipline.
- Completion of an Australian Graduate Certificate (or equivalent) in a similar discipline.
- Course Code: 092067G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Finance at Victoria University
- Master of Business Administration (Global) at Victoria University
- Master of Professional Accounting at Victoria University
- Master of Enterprise Resource Planning at Victoria University
- Master of Sport Business at Victoria University
- Master of Tourism Hospitality and Events Management at Victoria University