Bachelor of Applied Public Health
Public health is the science and art of preventing disease, prolonging life and promoting health by improving social and political systems. It includes environmental, economic, technical, educational and legislative measures.
The Bachelor of Applied Public Health will give you the skills to improve population health, whether it’s to a handful of people or across several continents.
You will learn how to:
- apply a rigorous evidence-based approach to understand disease determinants
- plan effective solutions through policy, legislation and advocacy
- develop and manage public health programs for populations, communities and individuals
The Bachelor of Applied Public Health will give you up to 300 hours of valuable professional placements, concentrated in the third year of the course. Some placements will be available during summer recess, and there are opportunities for interstate or international experience.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
25A Barker Rd, Strathfield NSW 2135, Australia
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates can enter a wide range of public health careers, such as:
- public health officer
- community development worker
- policy analyst
- program evaluator
- health educator
- project officer and consumer advocate
within a variety of organisations such as:
- government health departments
- population health units
- community health centres
- non-governmental health organisations (NGOs)
- advocacy groups
- international health agencies.
- 2 years PSW for Melbourne
- 3 years PSW for Blacktown
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
CBSE All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Indian School Certificate (ISC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects; Senior Secondary School Certificate from National Open Schooling with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Higher Secondary Certificate from the State Boards listed below with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
• Andhra Pradesh
• Gujarat, Karnataka
• Tamil Nadu
• West Bengal
Local languages and non-academic subjects are excluded.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS minimum overall score of 6.5 (with a minimum score of 6.0 in all bands), or an equivalent acceptable test score as outlined in the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy (Schedule 3).
- Course Code: 079451J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Exercise Science at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts (Visual Arts) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts (Technology) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts (Mathematics) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary) / Bachelor of Arts (Humanities) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Educational Studies at Australian Catholic University (ACU)