Graduate Certificate in Molecular and Cellular Biotechnology
The Graduate Certificate in Molecular and Cellular Biotechnology provides students with training in this growing field. Over the years, an ever-increasing demand for manipulation of DNA and analysis in cultured cells in most aspects of funded research has created a growing need in the job market.
UMass Lowell is located in historic mill city of Lowell, Mass., 45-minutes north of Boston, at the intersections of Routes 495, 93 and 3. The birthplace of Jack Kerouac and the Industrial Revolution, Lowell's history echoes all around you. Former mill buildings and cobblestone streets now add charm to a bustling downtown, steps away from the UMass Lowell campus, which boasts a thriving arts scene, a population rich in cultural diversity, and a flair for festivals.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
3 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Prospective students will be required to complete a simplified application and provide their undergraduate transcript indicating that they hold a baccalaureate degree in a relevant natural science or engineering field. Applicants with degrees from institutions outside the USA are encouraged to have their credentials evaluated by one of the local evaluation companies. A minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (4 point scale) is preferred. Close attention will be paid to grades in relevant science and engineering courses. GREs are not required.
Please note that a Graduate Certificate, while below a full Masters degree, is not a remedial graduate program. Students must demonstrate the ability to complete graduate-level work to be accepted into a graduate certificate program. As such, if an applicant was denied acceptance into a graduate degree program due to academic deficiencies, then acceptance into the certificate program is unlikely.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 60 USD
- Graduate Certificates in Public Health Studies at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificates in Photonics & Opto-Electronic Devices at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificate in Pharmaceutical Sciences at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificates in Health Informatics at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificates in Ergonomics & Biomechanics at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Graduate Certificate In Environmental GeoScience at University of Massachusetts Lowell