Contemporary Art Theory MA (eca)
This programme encourages a creative, holistic and practical knowledge of this increasingly expanded field, grounding practical schooling in fields such as criticism, art writing and curating, in knowledge of key histories and theories of contemporary art. The programme addresses issues raised by the practices of contemporary art, criticism and curating as a means of encouraging you to contribute both critically and practically.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This programme will enable you to develop the creative, organisational and socioeconomic knowledge required for a career in the contemporary art world: as an artist, writer, producer, curator or combination thereof. Our focus on the educational turn ensures that you will be qualified to teach studio art and theory in European higher education.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Normally a UK 2:1 honours degree or its international equivalent.
You may be asked to participate in an interview via Skype.
You must submit a portfolio as part of your application. Your application and portfolio should demonstrate:
- evidence of practical and theoretical knowledge of, and experimentation with, a variety of formal, aesthetic and conceptual approaches to the production and distribution of contemporary art
- evidence of practical or theoretical work that addresses key thematic areas in contemporary art and theoretical discourse
- evidence of collaborative working practices, either in a capacity as an artist or working curatorially
- evidence of independent working practices, as an artist or curator
If you do not meet the academic entry requirements, we may still consider your application on the basis of your portfolio and/or relevant professional experience.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- World Christianity MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- World Christianity MTh at The University of Edinburgh
- World Christianity MPhil at The University of Edinburgh
- Urban Strategies and Design MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Theology in History MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Theology in History MTh at The University of Edinburgh