BA (Hons) in Musical Theatre and Acting for Film
Delivered by highly experienced practitioners in musical theatre and in film and television acting, this course offers access from first year onwards to training in musical theatre dance, singing and stage acting and students will select a focus which reflects their strengths in these different areas.
Complementing this is the specialist development of practical skills in television and screen acting – a unique program in the UK.
Second and third year students can opt to audition for musical theatre performance projects at the Alexandra Theatre and other regional theatres and in our own campus performance spaces and these range from large scale musical theatre with full pit orchestra set and costume to straight plays, smaller ensemble projects, and dance revues.
You can also develop skills in technical theatre and arts management roles in supporting performance projects.
Second-year students also have an opportunity to create their own screen performance material, filmed on a commercial sound stage (this year at Pinewood Studios) and final year students have a dedicated agents and industry showcase in an external venue (this year the Electric Theatre, Guildford) with additional careers workshops and advice from leading industry professionals available to them after graduation.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
We’re a friendly and professional team, dedicated to helping students and graduates to plan their futures, to learn about the world of work and meet employers.
There are many ways employers may get involved with the University and meet the talent of our students and graduates.
The Careers and Employability team can help with finding work or postgraduate study, developing connections and skills, going freelance or starting a business. We’ll assist with searching for jobs, choosing a career, completing and sharpening an application form or CV.
2 Years PSW is applicable after the course.(Bachelors & Masters only)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- International Foundation Year
- Higher Secondary School Certificate
- Standard VII from the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE)
- Metro State Boards (Delhi, Maharashtra, Chennai, Kolkata, and Karnataka)
- Minimum 60%.
For High School qualifications from alternative boards, an International Foundation Year will be required.
- Higher Secondary Education Board Examination
- A recognized international foundation year
- International Foundation Programme
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- A-Levels (including Sri Lankan General Certificate of Education (Advanced level) equivalent)
Typical Offer (individual offers may vary):
UCAS Tariff points: 104 – 112 (A levels or combination with AS / EPQ / BTEC/ Cambridge Technical)
A levels: BBC - BCC
BTEC/Cambridge Technical: DMM - MMM
Access to HE Diploma: Pass
International Baccalaureate: 28 points
IELTS 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5
- Course Code: WW4P
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- BSC (HONS) DIGITAL FILM TECHNOLOGIES at University of Chichester
- BA (HONS) SOCIOLOGY WITH INTEGRATED FOUNDATION YEAR at University of Chichester
- BA (HONS) SOCIOLOGY WITH CRIMINOLOGY WITH INTEGRATED FOUNDATION YEAR at University of Chichester
- BA (HONS) RELIGION, ETHICS AND SOCIETY at University of Chichester
- BA (HONS) PAINTING AND DRAWING at University of Chichester
- BA (HONS) MUSIC WITH MUSICAL THEATRE at University of Chichester