Bachelor of Visual Arts and Design
The Bachelor of Visual Arts and Design degree provides an exciting mix of:
- studio-based art
- graphic design
- art and design history and theory
- practical and professional experience with exhibitions in art galleries.
You will explore the relationships between two-dimensional media areas such as drawing, painting, printmaking and photography, and three and four-dimensional areas such as sculpture, video production and object design, as well as graphic design leading to webpage design and animation.
Students can specialise in one of these areas in the third year of the course plus there are opportunities for an internship and acquisition of relevant business skills.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
115 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy Vic 3065 Locked Bag 4115, Fitzroy MDC Fitzroy Vic 3065
25A Barker Road, Strathfield NSW 2135 Locked Bag 2002, Strathfield NSW 2135
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The type of careers this qualification leads to may include administrator, art conservation, art gallery manager, art theory research assistant, art therapist, community art, creative director, curatorships, events coordinator, professional artist, theatre and set designer, video film maker and editor, visual merchandiser.
- 2 years PSW for Melbourne
- 3 years PSW for Strathfield
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
CBSE All India Senior School Certificate (AISSC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Indian School Certificate (ISC) with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects; Senior Secondary School Certificate from National Open Schooling with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
Higher Secondary Certificate from the State Boards listed below with a minimum average of 65% in best 4 academic subjects;
• Andhra Pradesh
• Gujarat, Karnataka
• Tamil Nadu
• West Bengal
Local languages and non-academic subjects are excluded.
English Language Requirement
- IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum of 6.0 in speaking and writing, and 5.5 in listening and reading).
- Course Code: 040344M
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology / Bachelor of Philosophy at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)