Bachelor of Communication
Right people. Right message. Creative communication specialists are increasingly in demand in our fast-paced, ever changing digital landscape.
With dramatic changes taking place in media industries, technologies and cultures, our Bachelor of Communication prepares you for a lifetime of creative and innovative use of media and communication.
You'll build a strong foundation in writing, industry engagement (including internships), practice and production skills, and critical thinking.
Your study covers a wide range of communication forms, including emerging media platforms and technologies, social media, mobile media, screen, audio and written forms. You'll gain the skills to reach the right people with the right message, from concept to delivery. Plus you'll develop industry-focused communication tactics through working with real organisations, gaining first-hand experience in strategic industry practice.
The core set of courses introduce you to the central features of contemporary communication processes, and you then specialise by choosing a major in either public relations or digital media.
All courses combine practice and theory giving you the skills to make your mark on the world.
- Prepare yourself for an exciting career in media and communication, in both the private and public sectors.
- Build a strong foundation in writing, industry engagement, production skills and critical thinking.
- Develop expertise in multimedia and online content production, social media engagement and analytics, community and stakeholder engagement, and campaign development.
- Be on the cusp of emerging media platforms and digital methods and be in demand globally.
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Digital Media
- Public Relations
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Depending on which major you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Communication and engagement officer
- Communications manager
- Communications officer
- Communications adviser
- Public relations specialist
- Public relations and social media manager
- Digital media product manager
- Digital media specialist
- Digital content producer
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 (or equivalent) General English subject (Units 3 & 4, C).
.For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 043736D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Social Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Regional and Town Planning (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Regional and Town Planning at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Music (Honours)/Science (BMus(Hons)/BSc) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Music (Honours)/Education (Secondary) (BMus(Hons)/BEd(Sec)) at The University of Queensland