Bachelor of Arts (Honours) (1 year)
This is a one-year degree for people who have already completed a relevant undergraduate degree.
The Bachelor of Arts (Honours) is available for high-achieving students who have completed a relevant Pass Bachelor degree offered by the Faculty of Education and Arts or equivalent at another institution.
Aside from expanding your knowledge in a specialised area, an Honours degree will give you an edge in an increasingly competitive job market.
You will build on your knowledge in your chosen major area of study through research, analysis and communication skills.
Undertaking an Honours year is also an important step for those who want to become an academic or a professional researcher.
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) students will:
- build on the knowledge and skills they gained in their undergraduate degree
- develop advanced research techniques appropriate to their chosen field of study
- prepare an Honours thesis, or creative project with exegesis/dissertation, along with coursework units appropriate to the field of study of the thesis.
- be equipped to pursue further postgraduate study.
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
25A Barker Road, Strathfield NSW 2135 Locked Bag 2002, Strathfield NSW 2135
Brisbane Campus (McAuley) 1100 Nudgee Road Banyo, Qld 4014
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
- Digital Journalism (not offered in Brisbane)
- Politics and International Relations
- Study of Religions
- Theological Studies
- Visual Arts
- Youth Work
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Hiigh level achievement in a three year Bachelor of Arts qualification.
English Language Requirement
- IELTS overall score of 6.0. Individual score of 6.0 in writing and speaking, and 5.5 in listening and reading, plus
An applicant must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy.
- Course Code: 061891K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Theology (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology / Bachelor of Philosophy at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Theology / Bachelor of Global Studies at Australian Catholic University (ACU)