Bachelor of Radiography and Medical Imaging (Honours)
In the Radiography and Medical Imaging (Honours) course you will develop the skills to become a registered radiographer. Radiographers facilitate patient diagnosis and management by using X-rays – including CT scanning, ultrasound, and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) – to create diagnostic images for analysis and interpretation. Radiographers are also responsible for implementing best practice imaging protocols.
The program prides itself on the exceptional links it creates between the classroom and the clinical workplace. The practical skills you acquire will be reinforced by placements in a wide variety of clinical institutions, ranging from Victorian rural and regional hospitals to metropolitan Melbourne hospitals and private radiology practices.
This is an integrated course in which radiographic physics, imaging technique and methods, radiologic biology, and professional skills are closely related and integrated with clinical placements. You'll be instructed by experts in radiography, benefit from a thriving research environment, and have access to general radiography laboratories and the ultrasound skills lab.
Clayton campus has around 26,000 students and is the largest of all eight campuses. It is located 20km south-east of Melbourne.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Monash Arts Jobs and Careers
Monash Arts prepares our students for their professional futures and the impact they create in their organisations and communities.
There are over 81,240 Monash Arts alumni across 130 countries. Our global community includes The Hon. Daniel Andrews MP, The Hon. Dan Tehan MP, Adam Bandt MP, Bill Shorten MP, Sarah Abo, Yalda Hakim, Vance Joy, Professor Sharman Stone, Professor Emeritus Ariel Heryanto, H.E. Mr Arthur Spyrou, H.E. Mr Saleumxay Kommasith and thousands of influential graduates impacting communities, nations and the world for good.
We work as ...
Monash Arts graduates work as: Authors, Ambassadors, Analysts, Artists, Consultants, Creative Directors, Communication Specialists, Criminologists, Digital Consultants, Diplomats, Educators, Entrepreneurs, Executives, IT Specialists, Journalists, Media Presenters, Musicians, Linguists, Lawyers, Marketers, Media and Communication Specialists, Politicians, Policymakers, and a wide range of occupations.
With the flexibility of combining our Arts degree with Business, Engineering, Education, Science, IT and over 40 majors to choose from, our career opportunities are amplified.
We work in ...
The Arts, Business, Education, Government, IT, Science Law, Education, Not-for- Profit sectors.
Our top 20 employers in Australia include:
- ANZ Ban
- Coles Group
- Deakin University
- Department of Environment, Land, Water
- Department of Health & Human Services
- Department of Education & Training
- Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade
- Department of Justice
- Department Premier & Cabinet
- Ernest & Young
- Herbert Smith
- Latrobe University
- Minter Ellison
- Monash Health
- Monash University
- National Australia Bank
- 2 year Post Study Work Visa Opportunity
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Before you apply to come to Monash on exchange or study abroad, you should check that you meet the following entry requirements. You must:
- have completed at least one full year at your home university
- have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 or 60 percent or equivalent
- meet our English language requirements.
- Equivalent Australian Year 12
Recent secondary education
- All applicants must satisfy the following prerequisites or their equivalents.
Australian VCE subjects
- Units 3 & 4: a study score of at least 35 in English (EAL) or 30 in English other than EAL
- Units 3 & 4: a study score of at least 25 in one of the Mathematical Methods (any) or Specialist Mathematics
- Units 3 & 4: a study score of at least 25 in Biology or Physics
- At least 5 in English SL or 4 in English HL or 6 in English B SL or 5 in English B HL
- At least 4 in Mathematics SL or 3 in Mathematics HL or 3 in Further Mathematics HL
- At least 4 in Physics or Biology SL or 3 in Physics or Biology HL
- Course Code: 080032G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Applied Data Science Advanced (Honours) at Monash University
- Bachelor of Applied Data Science at Monash University
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours) at Monash University
- Bachelor of Radiation Sciences (informatics) at Monash University
- Bachelor of Paramedicine (Honours) at Monash University
- Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Music at Monash University