Adelaide Master of Business Administration
We are living in a world that is at times volatile, unexpected and ambiguous. It is essential that current and future leaders be equipped to deal with complex problems in a systemic, integrated and collaborative fashion.
Our Master of Business Administration (MBA) creates leaders who can deliver on the demands of an increasingly complex world, as demonstrated by our broad network of alumni in the business community.
What will you do?
The Adelaide MBA is student-focused, with maximum flexibility to suit the needs of busy professionals. You will:
- build professional relationships and networks
- gain advanced problem-solving, analytical and critical thinking skills
- develop strong leadership skills necessary for driving innovation and positive change within organisations
- cultivate a global outlook, strategic mindset, and the ability to see the bigger picture
- understand the management of critical business functions through coursework including finance, accounting, economics and marketing.
There are also opportunities for international exchanges at world-leading business schools.
The campus provides a mix of the historical and contemporary, combining old sandstone buildings with state-of-the-art teaching, learning and research facilities.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
There are three key steps you will need to take when addressing the selection criteria in any University of Adelaide job application:
- Create a new document. Your statement addressing the position’s specified selection criteria should be separate from your cover letter and resume.
- List each criterion separately. Give each a title, using exactly the same wording as appears on the Position Description (e.g. Excellent verbal communication skills).
- Address each criterion. Under each heading, write two short paragraphs explaining how your experience, skills, education and training equip you to meet that specific requirement. Dot points are also acceptable.
Please note that failing to submit a statement addressing the selection criteria could result in your application not being considered.
Some helpful writing tips
There are a number of steps you can take when putting together your responses to increase their clarity and impact.
- Give details of one or two specific things you’ve done that are good examples of the relevant experience or knowledge required. For example: ‘I was responsible for organising an event attended by… This involved…'
- Preface these examples with a short overview that shows you appreciate the relevance of the specific criterion.
- Quantify your experience (number of years worked, staff supervised, etc.). For example: ‘I delivered a presentation to an industry forum with an audience of 80 people.’
- Where possible, indicate how successfully you meet the criterion. You could do this by referring to feedback from others, or things you've set up that are still being used. For example: ‘A report I wrote about… was endorsed by the… Committee and circulated to all stakeholders for discussion.
You could also consider using the STAR method as a structural framework when describing examples of your work. This involves describing, in the order listed here, the:
- situation you faced
- task required, and desired outcome
- action you took to complete the task
- results you achieved, and lessons you learned.
The Adelaide MBA degree gives graduates a solid grounding in academic disciplines relevant to general management. Students acquire the conceptual and analytical abilities they need to make and carry out decisions at a senior managerial level.
Marketer / Marketing Manager, Business Development Manager, Business Manager, CEO, Product Manager, Project Manager, General Manager, Team Leader, Innovation Manager
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Entry to postgraduate coursework programs as a minimum requires a Bachelors degree or equivalent qualification from an approved institution as a qualification for entry.
Some of the graduate certificates and graduate diplomas that are offered may be accepted as qualifying work for entry to a Masters program, or as professional qualifications in their own right.
IELTS Overall 7 Reading 7 Listening 7 Speaking 7 Writing 7
TOEFL Overall 94 Reading 24 Listening 24 Speaking 23 Writing 27
Pearson Overall 65 Reading 65 Listening 65 Speaking 65 Writing 65
C1 Advanced Overall 185 Reading 185 Listening 185 Speaking 185 Writing 185
Bachelor degree or equivalent AND a minimum of two years relevant work experience.
At least seven years relevant work experience AND a GMAT Test score of 500 AND
All applicants must adequately meet the attributes of:
Applicants may demonstrate they meet the work experience and attributes via their CV, essay responses or interview
- Course Code: 059067E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Master of Professional Accounting - Melbourne Campus at The University of Adelaide
- Master of Finance - Melbourne Campus at The University of Adelaide
- Master of Business Administration (Emerging Leaders) at The University of Adelaide
- Master of Applied Finance - Melbourne Campus at The University of Adelaide
- Master of Accounting and Finance - Melbourne Campus at The University of Adelaide
- Master of Accounting - Melbourne Campus at The University of Adelaide