Global Mental Health and Society MSc
Global mental health is emerging as a hybrid academic discipline with academic training programmes, journals, textbooks and research consortiums - primarily in the UK and the USA, but also in Canada and Europe.
Much of this activity has been situated in psychiatry and public health disciplines - with a growing body of scholarly work from other professional and social science disciplines including medical anthropology, social work, international development, and clinical psychology.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Global mental health is a growing field with significant recent and ongoing investment from multilateral development agencies and governments, in both research and implementation.
This qualification will be help prepare you for careers in global mental health policy, implementation and research.
You would also be qualified to undertake similar careers with the UK health sector.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A UK 2:1 honours degree or its international equivalent.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Computer Science MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Poultry Science MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Applied Conservation Genetics with Wildlife Forensics MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Ancient Worlds (Archaeology and Classics) MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Advanced Clinical Practice MVetSci at The University of Edinburgh
- UKRI Centre for Doctoral Training in Biomedical Artificial Intelligence MScR at The University of Edinburgh