Bachelor of Media Communication
The Bachelor of Media Communication will create a new generation of thinkers, future-driven media, and communication professionals who will dare to create positive change across all endeavors. With a choice of four specializations: digital humanities, journalism, media, public relations or screen - the emphasis is on developing your practical experience and work-ready skills, so much so that you will be building a portfolio of real work. You’ll learn to focus on new ways of doing things, to challenge conventions, and devise solutions that will take us into the next century.
Throughout your course, you’ll learn from leading industry professionals – television anchors and journalists, award-winning writers and producers, creative directors, and social media editors. People who are the movers and shakers of the communication world. Core units provide a thorough grounding in media studies together with a range of practical experiences in the Monash Media Lab. This culminates in your choice of a final year media project or industry internship that can be taken in an approved organization in Australia or overseas. You’ll develop a rich capacity to tackle the complexities of the media industry with diverse social awareness and a global outlook.
Caulfield campus is Monash University's second largest campus, nine kilometres south-east of Melbourne.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Monash Arts Jobs and Careers
Monash Arts prepares our students for their professional futures and the impact they create in their organisations and communities.
There are over 81,240 Monash Arts alumni across 130 countries. Our global community includes The Hon. Daniel Andrews MP, The Hon. Dan Tehan MP, Adam Bandt MP, Bill Shorten MP, Sarah Abo, Yalda Hakim, Vance Joy, Professor Sharman Stone, Professor Emeritus Ariel Heryanto, H.E. Mr Arthur Spyrou, H.E. Mr Saleumxay Kommasith and thousands of influential graduates impacting communities, nations and the world for good.
We work as ...
Monash Arts graduates work as: Authors, Ambassadors, Analysts, Artists, Consultants, Creative Directors, Communication Specialists, Criminologists, Digital Consultants, Diplomats, Educators, Entrepreneurs, Executives, IT Specialists, Journalists, Media Presenters, Musicians, Linguists, Lawyers, Marketers, Media and Communication Specialists, Politicians, Policymakers, and a wide range of occupations.
With the flexibility of combining our Arts degree with Business, Engineering, Education, Science, IT and over 40 majors to choose from, our career opportunities are amplified.
We work in ...
The Arts, Business, Education, Government, IT, Science Law, Education, Not-for- Profit sectors.
Our top 20 employers in Australia include:
- ANZ Ban
- Coles Group
- Deakin University
- Department of Environment, Land, Water
- Department of Health & Human Services
- Department of Education & Training
- Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade
- Department of Justice
- Department Premier & Cabinet
- Ernest & Young
- Herbert Smith
- Latrobe University
- Minter Ellison
- Monash Health
- Monash University
- National Australia Bank
- 2 year Post Study Work Visa Opportunity
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Before you apply to come to Monash on exchange or study abroad, you should check that you meet the following entry requirements. You must:
- have completed at least one full year at your home university
- have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 or 60 percent or equivalent
- meet our English language requirements.
- Equivalent Australian Year 12
- High achieving students can progress into the Master-level units at the completion of 96 credit points (end of 2nd-year full time).
Recent secondary education
- All applicants must satisfy the following prerequisites or their equivalents.
Australian VCE subjects
- Units 3 & 4: a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or 25 in English other than EAL
- At least 4 in English SL or 3 in English HL or 5 in English B SL or 4 in English B HL
- Course Code: 093854F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Music (Honours) at Monash University
- Bachelor of Music at Monash University
- Bachelor of Global Studies at Monash University
- Bachelor of Fine Art and Bachelor of Information Technology at Monash University
- Bachelor of Fine Art and Bachelor of Business at Monash University
- Bachelor of Fine Art (Honours) at Monash University