Computer Science - Informatique (Swansea), MSc
Swansea University and Université Grenoble Alpes offer two dual award MSc degrees in Computer Science: Informatique.
Both courses lead to degrees from both universities and both are two academic years-long, involving one year in Swansea and one year in Grenoble. The year in Grenoble is usually taught in English but can be taken in French if you are sufficiently fluent.
The Swansea route starts in Swansea and finishes in Grenoble. The available specialisms are:
- Advanced Information Systems and Software Engineering
- AI and the Web
- Graphics, Vision and Robotics
- Data Science
- High-Confidence Embedded and Cyberphysical Systems
- Parallel, Distributed and Embedded Systems
- Ubiquitous and Interactive Systems
A brand new £32.5m Computational Foundry lies at the heart of the Swansea course. Sophisticated teaching and research equipment include a Vision and Biometric Lab, a Maker Lab, a Theory Lab, a Cyber Security/Networking Lab, a User Lab and Visualisation Suite.
Travelling west on the M4 leave the motorway at junction 42 and follow signs for Swansea on the A483 (Fabian Way). The Bay Campus is situated to the left-hand side of Fabian Way and the main entrance is controlled by traffic lights. There is a Visitors’ Car Park immediately to the left of the main entrance. There is a large Park and Ride facility located at Fabian Way, which is a short distance from the Bay Campus.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
- 2 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A 2:1 in a computer science undergraduate degree (or equivalent).
IELTS 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each component) or equivalent English test.
- Bachelor: 60%; or
- CGPA 6.7 (10 point system); or
- CGPA 6 (7 point system); or
- CGPA 3 (4 point system)
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A