Bachelor of Public Health
Step outside the clinic to play a leading role in the promotion of health and management of disease with Public Health.
This course focuses on populations and communities rather than individuals, and spans the spectrum from promoting good health, through to preventing disease and managing illness and disability. An interdisciplinary field applying scientific approaches to the study and improvement of health, it includes health promotion, epidemiology, health and biomedical sciences, forensic medicine, social sciences, health data management and global health.
You will learn to develop, implement and evaluate programs and policies to promote health and prevent disease and injury; to undertake health and clinical research, and to examine and understand both health challenges in both Australian and international healthcare system.
Caulfield campus is Monash University's second largest campus, nine kilometres south-east of Melbourne.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Monash Arts Jobs and Careers
Monash Arts prepares our students for their professional futures and the impact they create in their organisations and communities.
There are over 81,240 Monash Arts alumni across 130 countries. Our global community includes The Hon. Daniel Andrews MP, The Hon. Dan Tehan MP, Adam Bandt MP, Bill Shorten MP, Sarah Abo, Yalda Hakim, Vance Joy, Professor Sharman Stone, Professor Emeritus Ariel Heryanto, H.E. Mr Arthur Spyrou, H.E. Mr Saleumxay Kommasith and thousands of influential graduates impacting communities, nations and the world for good.
We work as ...
Monash Arts graduates work as: Authors, Ambassadors, Analysts, Artists, Consultants, Creative Directors, Communication Specialists, Criminologists, Digital Consultants, Diplomats, Educators, Entrepreneurs, Executives, IT Specialists, Journalists, Media Presenters, Musicians, Linguists, Lawyers, Marketers, Media and Communication Specialists, Politicians, Policymakers, and a wide range of occupations.
With the flexibility of combining our Arts degree with Business, Engineering, Education, Science, IT and over 40 majors to choose from, our career opportunities are amplified.
We work in ...
The Arts, Business, Education, Government, IT, Science Law, Education, Not-for- Profit sectors.
Our top 20 employers in Australia include:
- ANZ Ban
- Coles Group
- Deakin University
- Department of Environment, Land, Water
- Department of Health & Human Services
- Department of Education & Training
- Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade
- Department of Justice
- Department Premier & Cabinet
- Ernest & Young
- Herbert Smith
- Latrobe University
- Minter Ellison
- Monash Health
- Monash University
- National Australia Bank
- 2 year Post Study Work Visa Opportunity
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Before you apply to come to Monash on exchange or study abroad, you should check that you meet the following entry requirements. You must:
- have completed at least one full year at your home university
- have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 or 60 percent or equivalent
- meet our English language requirements.
- Equivalent Australian Year 12
Recent secondary education
- All applicants must satisfy the following prerequisites or their equivalents.
Australian VCE subjects
- Units 3 & 4: a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or 25 in English other than EAL
- Units 3 & 4: a study score of at least 22 in Mathematical Methods (any) or Specialist Mathematics, or a score of at least 25 in Further Mathematics
- Monash minimum: Level 1, that is: At least 4 in English SL or 3 in English or 5 in English B SL or 4 in English B HL
- Level 2, that is: At least 4 in Mathematics SL or 3 in Mathematics HL or 3in Further Mathematics HL or 4 in Math Studies SL
- Course Code: 094997E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Applied Data Science Advanced (Honours) at Monash University
- Bachelor of Applied Data Science at Monash University
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours) at Monash University
- Bachelor of Radiation Sciences (informatics) at Monash University
- Bachelor of Paramedicine (Honours) at Monash University
- Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Music at Monash University