Bachelor of Midwifery
This programme is for those who want to learn to confidently nurture and care for women through pregnancy, childbirth, and up to the first six weeks following birth. Students will gain a wide range of knowledge and skills to work autonomously, be responsible for the wellbeing of women and babies, and support families safely and appropriately.
Clinical placements and tutorials are held in regional hubs, so that students can complete most of their clinical experience close to home.
Compulsory on campus block courses are held in Hamilton throughout the programme. Attendance is compulsory for all students, due to the intensive, theory-heavy content of these classes. Students are responsible for organising their own transport and accommodation. Block courses take place 14 times in Year One, 11 times in Year Two, and six times in Year Three for a week at a time. Hours of block days are 8-5pm Monday to Thursday, and Friday 8am-12pm. Click here to view schedule.
This programme is studied full-time and must be completed within four years, as prescribed by the Midwifery Council of New Zealand.
The first year is mainly theory-based, the second year is split between practical and theory, and the third year is predominantly practical.
During the programme students will be able to apply their knowledge in clinical placements at primary units (eg birth centres), hospitals, with community midwives, and other community services. Students will have the opportunity to follow women through their pregnancy, labour, birth and postnatal care.
On completion of the programme students will be required to sit the National Midwifery Examination to become a registered midwife.
Hamilton City Campus, Hawke's Bay, Rotorua, Tauranga or Whakatane
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Technology (Science) Agritechnology at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- Bachelor of Technology (Science) Food technology at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- Bachelor of Technology (Science) Environmental technology at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- Bachelor of Technology (Science) Biotechnology at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- Bachelor of Nursing (Level 7) at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science (Honours) at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)