Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
Stand out in a competitive job market with a UQ law degree. You'll graduate with advanced legal knowledge, transferable skills and professional networks so you can shape and create new ways of practising law in an era of digital disruption and global transformation.
The Bachelor of Laws (Honours) is a four-year program designed to develop a high-level understanding of the law, along with personal and professional skills that can be transferred across a wide range of careers.
Courses are taught in small group settings and seminar-style learning spaces, specifically refurbished for law students. You'll have the opportunity to test your knowledge with your peers and teachers in an active learning environment.
When you graduate, you'll have an internationally respected honours qualification, with advanced knowledge and skills that will set you apart in a competitive job market while also provide a pathway to future research or learning.
Make the switch
Thinking about switching to law from your current program? You can upgrade to law from any bachelor's degree at UQ. Work out your preferred alternate program, then contact us to discuss your plans.
- Study in small classes and inspiring spaces designed to give you a personalised, supportive and innovative educational experience.
- Develop practical legal skills, professional networks and enviable opportunities through our comprehensive co-curricular program and events.
- Volunteer with our UQ Pro Bono Centre and provide support to a range of legal organisations and truly improve access to justice in our community.
- Combine study in law with other programs to open up endless career possibilities. As well as enjoying employment in the legal profession, our graduates are prepared for every possible future.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 or equivalent English, Mathematics B; plus two of Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Mathematics C or Physics, at least one of which must be Chemistry or Physics.
View the Prerequisites guide for more information about subject equivalents for interstate high schools, overseas high schools, university subjects and pathways and bridging programs.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 082613C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- BACHELORS OF Criminology and Criminal Justice / Arts at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Social Work (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- BACHELOR OF Human Services (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Education (Primary) (Honours) at The University of Queensland