BSc ECONOMICS AND ECONOMETRICS L140
This course is ideal if you are strong at maths and wish to use it within the context of economics. You will develop an understanding of the conceptual underpinnings of economics and econometric methods, and how the two can be combined and used to address practical issues.
The first and second years of this course provide you with a firm grounding in economics. In your final year, you will specialise in statistical and econometric methods and take core modules focused on forecasting and more advanced econometric theory.
You will also have the opportunity to explore other areas of economics through a wide range of optional modules. These span a number of topics, including business, policy, economic history and even the economics of climate change. Modules from other subjects such as history and politics are also available and are a good way to broaden your knowledge and pursue other interests.
In addition to traditional lectures, you will partake in small group tutorials in which you can discuss and analyse theory and practice through case studies, group presentations and open debate. You will have the opportunity to extend your study of economics beyond the classroom through our student-run Economics Society, which has arranged lectures on topics ranging from "How happy are you?" to "Are you a Marxist economist?" as well as conversations with economists on topical matters such as the economics of health and feminism.
You also have the option of studying this degree over four years with a placement year.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- BA International Relations and Economics with Placement Year LL22 at University of Reading
- BSc Economics and Econometrics with a Placement Year L141 at University of Reading
- BSc Business Economics with a Placement Year L114 at University of Reading
- BA ECONOMICS WITH A PLACEMENT YEAR L102 at University of Reading
- BSc FOOD MARKETING AND BUSINESS ECONOMICS WITH PLACEMENT YEAR DL61 at University of Reading
- BSc REAL ESTATE WITH MSC/DIPLOMA IN URBAN PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT K400 at University of Reading