Digital Design and Manufacture MSc
Digital Design and Manufacturing refers to a convergence of complementary computing technologies that, in combination, have the potential to create an industrial revolution.
The impact of this revolution could be comparable with the introduction of steam power or the adoption of mass production.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Recent studies have identified digital skills gaps in a range of manufacturing and engineering worldwide industries.
This means our engineering graduates will find many career options open up to them. Whether in research or industry, our students have a bright future in engineering and beyond.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering.
Competence in programming is essential. During your degree you must have completed a programming course in a high-level language (such as C++, C#, Java, Python or equivalent).
If you apply with an academic background in another field you may be considered if you have completed the equivalent of 40 credits of courses related to manufacturing technology. Your marks for these courses must be equivalent to UK 2:1 as a minimum.
Examples of courses relevant to this degree are:
- manufacturing systems
- advanced manufacturing technology
- industrial systems engineering
- industrial information systems
- industrial automation
This requirement may be partially met by relevant industrial experience. Applicants with non-standard backgrounds may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- World Christianity MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- World Christianity MTh at The University of Edinburgh
- World Christianity MPhil at The University of Edinburgh
- Urban Strategies and Design MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Theology in History MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Theology in History MTh at The University of Edinburgh