Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science
About the Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science
Help people reach peak performance.
A career in sport and exercise science is more than coaching, matches and athletes. It's a dynamic and exhilarating field that uses data and scientific principles and techniques to help people build strength, regain movement, prevent injuries and perform at their peak. With Australia's ageing population and an increasingly sedentary lifestyle, we need sport and exercise science professionals more than ever before. La Trobe's Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science gives you the scientific knowledge and practical skills to improve health and wellbeing.
You'll gain a detailed understanding of the science behind training. Explore the strengths and limitations of the human body while building strong foundations in physiology, anatomy and biomechanics. Then build industry contacts during 140 hours of industry placement with leading organisations such as Carlton Football Club, Melbourne City and Exercise Research Australia.
Experience sport and exercise science first-hand at La Trobe's $150 million Research and Innovation precinct and Sports Park. Equipped with world-class teaching and research facilities, elite athlete performance space, AFL oval, FIFA-1 accredited synthetic soccer pitch and more.
- Physiology and biomechanics
- Investigate the physiological response of the cardiovascular, respiratory, musculoskeletal and nervous systems to sport and exercise.
- Strength and conditioning
- Learn scientific principles and techniques to enhance strength, endurance and speed qualities of athletes to meet the demands of various sports.
- Skill development in sport
- Discover the science behind movement learning and execution and its relationship to athlete performance.
- Performance analysis
- Explore the theoretical concepts and principles that underpin the field of sports analytics and performance analysis.
La Trobe’s Melbourne Campus combines parkland beauty with a vibrant campus culture filled with cafés, shops and a multi-level library. It’s also one of Australia’s largest university campuses. You’ll have access to state-ofthe-art facilities, including our brand-new tech and business labs, the La Trobe Institute for Molecular Science and our very own Wildlife Sanctuary. You'll also have help to achieve your academic best. We provide dedicated study rooms like the Women's Lounge, the Law Common Room, and the MASO (Mature Age Student Organisation) Lounge. And we host many cultural and academic events on campus to make you feel at home.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
La Trobe offers programs that are industry-focused and offer a lot of practical exposure. Following graduation, students can often struggle to find work relevant to their field of study - that’s why employers value students with pre-existing workplace experience. Students who can readily adapt their university learnings to the real world are far more valuable to employers than those who cannot.
The La Trobe Business School offers a variety of practical learning opportunities to help you develop a competitive edge in the job market. La Trobe focuses on Work Integrated Learning. Following graduation, students can often struggle to find work relevant to their field of study - that’s why employers value students with pre-existing workplace experience. Students who can readily adapt their university learnings to the real world are far more valuable to employers than those who cannot. The La Trobe Business School offers a variety of practical learning opportunities to help you develop a competitive edge in the job market.
The duration of the internship will vary depending on the chosen course and subject. During this time a student will be expected to complete assessments based on experience. Please note that eligibility criteria do apply.
If you are an undergraduate student, you can choose from the following subjects:
- Accounting Work Placement (ACC3AWP)
- Experiential Learning Project (BUS3ELP)
- Food and Beverage Supervision (THS1FBS)
- Sports Practicum (MGT3SPR)
If you are a postgraduate student, you can choose from the following subjects:
- Business Analytics Project (BUS5PR2)
- Business Work Placement (BUS5WIL)
- Experiential Learning Project (BUA5ELP)
- As an international student, a student can work for 40 hrs in a fortnight and full time during breaks and is entitled to 2 years post-study work permit. This implies to students studying any course which is 2 years and above.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Degree entry: Australian bachelor degree (or international equivalent) with a minimum of a C (60%) grade point average (GPA) in the final year PLUS three years of relevant managerial experience
- Professional entry: Applicants do not require an undergraduate degree but must have a minimum of 8 years' relevant managerial experience 6.0.
- Professional entry (no undergrad degree): International applicants must have a minimum IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 with no individual band score less than 6.0. Please note that international students studying online are not eligible for an Australian student visa.
- Course Code: 095558J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Wildlife and Conservation Biology at La Trobe University
- Bachelor of Science (Wildlife and Conservation Biology) with Honours at La Trobe University
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Information Technology (Honours) at La Trobe University
- Bachelor of Sport and Exercise Science (Honours) at La Trobe University
- Bachelor of Nursing (Graduate Entry Pathway) at La Trobe University
- Bachelor of Nursing (Enrolled Nurse Pathway) at La Trobe University