Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Laws (Honours)
Within this combined degree program, students study a combination of Science and Law courses over a period of five years full-time. On completion of the first three years students will have completed all the required courses for the Bachelor of Science degree. In the final two years of the combined degree program students complete the requirements for the Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and may enrol in these two years on a less than full time basis.
Students completing this combined degree program meet the academic requirements to practice law in NSW, however, they must also complete postgraduate professional training approved by the Legal Profession Admission Board if they wish to practise as a lawyer. Students also have the skills and knowledge to contribute to scientific development in many areas of technology, industry, agriculture or the information revolution.
Program learning outcomes
On successful completion of the program students will have:
- The capacity to provide professional advice, based on specialised knowledge of law and its application in diverse contexts, to employers, government and individual clients.
- The technical and cognitive skills required to plan and conduct advanced legal research tasks independently
Newcastle City campus
The University of Newcastle plays an important part in the renewed sense of vibrancy in the Newcastle CBD and our Newcastle City campus is very much at the centre of the city's burgeoning arts scene. NUspace is a $95 million landmark education building developed in 2017 by the University of Newcastle in the heart of Newcastle's CBD. NUspace harnesses the latest in technology and innovation in teaching and learning to deliver a world-class student experience by engaging students in new and exciting ways.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 3 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
There are a number of ways to gain entry to the Bachelor of Laws (Honours) program at the University of Newcastle. Students may be considered for admission on the basis of:
1.1.1. NSW HSC or equivalent - irrespective of age of qualification;
1.1.2. Completed or partly completed higher education studies;
1.1.3. TAFE qualifications;
1.1.4. Overseas qualifications equivalent to Australian studies (International);
1.1.5 A University approved special admission bonus points scheme:
i. Educational Access Scheme (EAS); and
ii. Regional and Rural Bonus Points Scheme.
1.1.6. A University approved special admission scheme:
i. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Admission Scheme;
ii. Elite Athletes Admission Scheme;
iii. Special Circumstances Admission Scheme; and
iv. Guaranteed Entry Admission Scheme
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 098543C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Coastal and Marine Science at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Public and Community Health at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (Advanced) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (Joint Medical Program) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Mathematics (Advanced) at University of Newcastle