Master of Science in Computer Science
he Master of Science in Computer Science program is a terminal professional degree program. The degree is based on course work and an internship requirement (which can be satisfied by suitable employment). The program does not require research, a thesis, or comprehensive examinations. The GRE examination is recommended, but not required, for admission. The GRE examination is required for assistantship applications. The program is structured to make it both convenient and productive for students to enroll on a part-time basis.
Application Processing Time in Days: 25
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Possible careers that the MSCS program prepares our students for include:
- Web developer
- Software application developer
- Computer systems analyst
- Software systems developer
- Network systems administrator
- Database administrator
- Computer hardware engineer
- Computer network architect
- Information security analyst
- Computer programmer
- Computer and information systems manager
- Project manager
- Software engineer
- Software architect
- 12 to 36 months( OPT duration depends on the major studied)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, covering material at least equivalent to Duquesne University's undergraduate courses in operating systems, algorithms, and Calculus I along with their prerequisites.
- Students without the proper background may be admitted provisionally but will be required to satisfactorily complete missing foundational courses as specified above before taking graduate courses. This foundational coursework will not count towards the necessary graduate credits.
- The GRE examination is not required for admission but is recommended.
You are required to send all of your university transcripts (grade reports) with your application. Each program evaluates your university performance differently, but most will require that you submit a GRE or GMAT score and a TOEFL score in some cases.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 50 USD