Bachelor of Information Technology - 322AA
If you have a passion for information technology (IT) and are keen to learn the high-tech skills to establish a career comfortably navigating an increasingly digitised world, then the UC Bachelor of Information Technology is the perfect course for you.
This course is highly expansive course, covering both the technology and business sides of IT, and as part of your studies you’ll explore and learn relevant IT theories and principles that underpin the IT industry.
Areas of study include business and information systems, system analysis and modelling, system administration, security, networking and software development which will give you the perfect platform from which to move seamlessly into a wide range of career specialisations.
This course is accredited by the Australian Computer Society (ACS) and, upon graduation, you’ll possess the necessary knowledge, skills, qualifications and professional contacts to forge a stimulating IT career across a wide range of industries both here in Australia and around the world.
This course offers the chance to specialise in Cloud Computing and Internet of Things, Cybersecurity and System Administration, Data Science or Robotics and Artificial Intelligence.
Study a Bachelor of Information Technology at UC and you will:
- gain extensive experience in developing information technology systems designed to address the needs of modern organisations
- develop knowledge, skills and understanding of the application of IT systems to their business environments, policies and management
- explore the technical and human aspects of IT and its use
- establish a comprehensive network of industry contacts
- refine your teamwork, project management and communication skills
- earn a globally recognised degree.
The University of Canberra is located in the suburb of Bruce in the Australian Capital Territory. Surrounded by Lake Ginnindera, the new suburb of Lawson, Radford college and residential housing, regular public buses can drop you right on campus. Open space, natural calm, tall trees and wildlife. Close to the city. Convenient to shopping. Great food, cool cafes, events and markets; a buzzing social hub with something for everyone. Student accommodation, an on-campus medical and counselling centre, the Australian Institute of Sport, Calvary Public Hospital, Belconnen Shopping Mall and a variety of restaurants are all within walking distance.
Application Processing Time in Days: 14
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The UC Bachelor of Information Technology is a globally recognised qualification that will help you progress into any of the following career pathways including:
- Cloud computing architect
- ICT project manager
- Data analyst
- Mobile apps developer
- Cybersecurity specialist
- Cybersecurity operations manager
- Chief information officer
- Big data engineer
- Big data architect
- Data scientist
- Business intelligence specialist
- Service desk manager
- System administrator
- Cloud computing architect
- IoT engineer, developer or designer
- Artificial Intelligence practitioner
- Machine learning engineer
- Robotics specialist.
Regular 2 years post study work visa for international students completing Bachelors and Masters degrees (minimum 92 weeks), 3 years for Masters by Research and 4 years for PhD. graduates
Cities and major regional centres
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast Canberra Newcastle/Lake Macquarie
- Wollongong/Illawarra Geelong
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an
additional year in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 3 years of PSW visa)
Regional centres and other regional areas
All other locations
(list of cities)
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional
2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to this course is based on an entrance rank. A rank can be achieved by the following means:
- Year 12 ATAR
- other Australian Qualification
- work experience
- overseas qualification
We also offer a number of entry initiatives that give you the opportunity to gain entry to the University via alternate pathway programs and admissions schemes.
For More Information Please Connect to Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 019936G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Engineering in Network and Software Engineering (Honours) - 344JA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) - ETB001 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology - ITB101 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Business/ Bachelor of Information Technology - MGIT02 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Games and Interactive Design - 307JA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Information Technology - MGIT01 at University of Canberra